Prototype Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a cheap whinie bastard !! it won't cost as much as you spend feeding your ass on a weekend run......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, HEY, HEY!!! The costs to fuel an El Robusto is internationally recognized as a Badge of Honor!

[SIZE=8pt](not to mention a Gross Domestic Product in johnny80s case)[/SIZE]

Don't be a cheap whinie bastard !! it won't cost as much as you spend feeding your ass on a weekend run......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, HEY, HEY!!! The costs to fuel an El Robusto is internationally recognized as a Badge of Honor!

[SIZE=8pt](not to mention a Gross Domestic Product in johnny80s case)[/SIZE]

........not to mention a Gross Domestic Product in johnny80s case.......

Your right Howie......... :blink: but using J80 to inflate the GDP #'s is just wrong..... :rolleyes:

B

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still here, It will be a couple of weeks before I have product ready. The initial build is for 15 units. In the mean time, I'm keeping track of the requests.

My Grounding Harness does not take the place of the stock wire harnesses path to ground, it is in addition to it. It requires all 6 ground spyder connectors to be in good shape. If yours is melted, the damage is done, get it fixed first. My Grounding Harness does not alter the bike's wiring harness. All it does is take the place of the 6 tined forked shorting bar under the black plastic cap. There is now a second path to negative battery terminal. The load on the bike's grounding connectors is now a lot less. The thickest wire that Yamaha used is the metric equivelent of 16 gage. That is the thickest wire that the terminals are rated for. I use 16 gage wire on all the female terminals and gather them into a butt splice with a 10 gage wire heading back to the battery.

Note that there are 2 spyders that are not part of my Grounding Harness. They have been identified by RZ350 as servicing the bike's electronics. I don't want to go near the black boxes, so I advise the removal, cleaning up, dielectric greasing and reassembly for those spyders. They are part of a closed loop system with their power well regulated. I have no fear of them overheating and melting down.

Brodie

I need to take my tupperware off to install some other stuff in the near future, which would be a great opportunity to throw in a grounding harness. Put me down for one please. Thanks!

Cool. Anyone that (like me) got Brodie's ignition relay fix, knows the man can build!

Put me on your list. I have yet to look at mine, but I did see the gauges do the funky dance once in North Carolina last year. I suppose I should be prying and poking.

But it runs great until it doesn't...

Loving my Feej.

mr.paul, from Minnesota

Brodie,

Put me down on the list. After installing your excellent ignition fix I'm ready for another project...and really don't relish being stranded or worse due to yet another electrical problem.

Thanks,

Charles (Blackarrow)

I plan on keeping this bike for a long time. Please add me to the list.

And I guess that you can add me to the list, also, Brodie. I jumped on the ignition switch "run around", and since I hope this bike will hold me until I'm ready to get off for good. . .

Update...

I have 8 units built and waiting for my website to go on line for the Buy It Now page - hopefully this weekend. I have almost enough components for 3 more after that. I have components for 30 more in the pipeline. When I am ready to ship - soon - I will send a PM to the first people on the request list.

I hope to have the 30 built by month's end.

Thanks for your patience.

Brodie

Update...

I have 8 units built and waiting for my website to go on line for the Buy It Now page - hopefully this weekend. I have almost enough components for 3 more after that. I have components for 30 more in the pipeline. When I am ready to ship - soon - I will send a PM to the first people on the request list.

I hope to have the 30 built by month's end.

Thanks for your patience.

Brodie

... You said they were going to be RIBBED ........ for their pleasure,..... and lubed???... I mean greased........... Dielectric grease.... :dribble: :blink: :rolleyes:

B

Status
Not open for further replies.