Prototype Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me down, this may be the last MC I own as I'll proably wear out before it does.

Update...
I have 8 units built and waiting for my website to go on line for the Buy It Now page - hopefully this weekend. I
A several weeks ago I spend an afternoon at Brodie's where he used my '07 to make another prototype of the harness. He took some great pictures showing where to find those little buggers (spiders) and routing of the harness. Too bad Yamaha didn't make a grounding harness like Brodie's.

I have an '07 that we got new in May '08. It had approximately 35,000 miles on it when we "overhauled" the grounding system. It is in a garage except except when traveling and my add-on electronics and lights are powered by a separate power and ground system to the battery. I was fortunate that none of the spiders' pins showed signs of heating or contamination. But now thanks to Brodie's great harness, I have no worries :clapping: :clapping:

With his ignition switch bypass and now the grounding harness, both great quality components and craftsmanship, comes piece of mind and miles of smiles. :yahoo:

Update...
I have 8 units built and waiting for my website to go on line for the Buy It Now page - hopefully this weekend. I
A several weeks ago I spend an afternoon at Brodie's where he used my '07 to make another prototype of the harness. He took some great pictures showing where to find those little buggers (spiders) and routing of the harness. Too bad Yamaha didn't make a grounding harness like Brodie's.

I have an '07 that we got new in May '08. It had approximately 35,000 miles on it when we "overhauled" the grounding system. It is in a garage except except when traveling and my add-on electronics and lights are powered by a separate power and ground system to the battery. I was fortunate that none of the spiders' pins showed signs of heating or contamination. But now thanks to Brodie's great harness, I have no worries :clapping: :clapping:

With his ignition switch bypass and now the grounding harness, both great quality components and craftsmanship, comes piece of mind and miles of smiles. :yahoo:

Plus one on that Roy........ Brodie used my 08 last weekend for his test mule..... again the job is better than factory and I have no worries ... :D

Brian

Update...

I have 8 units built and waiting for my website to go on line for the Buy It Now page - hopefully this weekend. I have almost enough components for 3 more after that. I have components for 30 more in the pipeline. When I am ready to ship - soon - I will send a PM to the first people on the request list.

I hope to have the 30 built by month's end.

Thanks for your patience.

Brodie
Thanks Brodie. Let me know when to send the money and how much. Chris

What an absurd problem!

As many different wiring harnesses and styles of wiring connectors that Yamaha has put into the marketplace they should know how to do it right by now.

Somehow they let a new, inexperienced designer who obviously ignored good design principles make a mess of this wiring harness. Quality control has slipped a notch at Yamaha. When you start trying to shoehorn a lot of changes all at once on a decent existing design, problems too often follow.

Introducing the AE spread those guys too thin and avoidable mistakes occurred. The AE was a mistake that keeps on giving.

Friends

Thank you very much for showing interest in my Grounding Harness.

I have started a new thread in the endor section of the FJRForum for my production harnesses. If you asked to be put on the waiting list in this thread (or have sent me a PM, I have the list posted in this new thread...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=128067&view=findpost&p=730430

Grounding Harness
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=128067&view=findpost&p=730430
Please go there to keep up to date.

I will ask the FJRForum Administrators to close this thread with this last post.

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.