Puckered Seat!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSG Mark

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my new Russell seat for the driver.. Since my wife does not ride I elected not to get the passenger seat done.

When I went to put both seats back on, both seated in the frame with some difficulty and the passenger seat had a slight pucker/ripple in the material.

Now the key lock to the seat does not turn (Always had difficulty with it from day one)'

Have other riders using this configuration experienced similar issues?

Thanks

I've had difficulty latching my seat from day one also, and mine also got a little harder with the Russell seat. I push on the seat just above the latch while turning the key to get it to disengage.

I've had difficulty latching my seat from day one also, and mine also got a little harder with the Russell seat. I push on the seat just above the latch while turning the key to get it to disengage.
I'm a little concerned that over time having such a tight fit wear the seats meet could start to wear on the material.

Thanks for the tidbit on the seat latch

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same set-up as you. Drivers seat only. My passenger seat fits over top of the back of the drivers seat fine. It is slightly snug but not tight. It is a little harder to click the passenger seat on but I have no puckering in either seat. I did mine on a drive in so I checked the fit pretty close before leaving. I'd give them a call. They are great folks and will make it right.