Quiet Forum These Days?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To preserve and promote this place for tech only, or IBR concentric, in my opinion is the root of the demise. By and large normal people, recreational riders, ride the FJR. They are the ones that benefit from the tech, but that has been covered here ad nauseam. I hate to break this fact to anyone, but the FJR is a competent motorcycle, built by a proven manufacturer in tune with all the evo’s of technology available to them. I think after 17 years of this model being consistently manufactured with few platform changes that has to be the epitome of flogging that dead fkkn horse. I logged on 2 days ago for the 1st time in ages to see another tire thread top of the page…...I think my dogs jumped when I groaned out loud. **** me.
So, if we follow the admin rules and study the Bin-O-Facts and use the search before we post, what’s left to post????

The quote is an excerpt of what Barb posted. +1, gunny and ran out of likes.. I added bold text those thoughts which clearly explain why there is less activity on the forum.

On the forum today we have some good ride reports, the PNW Tech Event, and Rally events like YFO, CFR, Spearfish, SFO and others where I hope to make new friends and ride some great roads.

Other than ride reports I don't usually start posts here anymore to avoid getting thumped. And yes I know how to use Google to search. "Find your question" site:fjrforum.com. It is easier PM friends and ask. Also see Barbs comment about FJR reliability.

I don't come here to laugh anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't come here to laugh anymore.
I don't come here to laugh,

aaaaaaany - more.

(Unless yamafitter posts about his yoga class.)
Did someone say Yamafitter and yoga in the same sentence? You got my attention.
hi.gif

Dayum, that was deep. Oh, and I browsed the ride reports the last couple days. See, I'm not a totally heartless bastard, devoid of feelings.

Not a prolific poster, but I've been around here long enough to have experienced some of the good ol' days and witnessed the implementation of rule 10.

One of the things I miss most is random posts regarding sheep accompanied by the occasional appropriate photo.

And out of all these wonderful comments, has anyone of us stepped forward for the admin job?
punk.gif
Well Don, I happen to know you will be available come Jan 2018.

And NO, I don't have the internet speed out here in the sticks to admin anything.
Maybe not, but I've noted that you have a new herd of sexy little goats a couple hundred yards west of your hacienda down on 174. Oh shit -- sorry neighbor, I mighta gone off-topic -- I woulda sworn that the thread content was about sheep and goats? Or yoga in ballet tutus?

Aren't you on the list (now delayed a few more months) for Spiral's 1 gig (upload and download) fiber optic broadband? I was supposed to have it this fall, but am now hoping for next summer. Even once I have that, I lack the required technical expertise and am not moving dCarver in just for that purpose.
not_i.gif

While this topic is still open and active, I need to get something off my conscience. I feel I have a few friends here on the forum, and want them to hear it directly from me, and not some media outlet. Please have patience. Here goes........

Forty years ago and more (I'm 60 years old), I confess to having used coercion to try to get girls my age to do naughty things with me. I am guilty, and am truly sorry for any pain I may have caused. I tried to coerce those girls at bars, dance clubs, parties, weddings, shopping centers, parks, and where I worked when I was in high school and college. Almost every day, I tried to talk them into doing disgusting, fun things with me. I was almost exclusively unsuccessful, but my intentions were apparent and sometimes (OK, usually) unwanted. I want to point out that sometimes (though not often enough), girls tried to coerce me. They were far more successful than I was, in that regard. I know this happened many decades ago, but I want to be up front, and owe up to the damage I may have done to those sweet, innocent (OK, not all of them were innocent) girls.

All these years later, those memories remain as a wonderful, joyous time of my youth. Oh.........sorry. I mean, I am repentant, and will be seeking professional help as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

This thread has me looking forward to signing in for something other then FJR related stuff. Lot's of ghost in these pages. Peeps, Photoshop, livestock and more importantly, friendship, camaraderie and good natured flaming.

Even though this will never be the same place it was, ( I miss Don calling me a goat fucker because I moved outta AZ) one hopes that it can recover some of what it was before it becomes what it is.

As for the Admin job, I can only imaging the time and work involved, neither of which I have these days.

However, if we were to rename this the FJR Candy Butt BMW's on the side forum, I do think Carver would jump on it, (Back on topic) like Bust on a unsuspecting sheep.

While this topic is still open and active, I need to get something off my conscience. I feel I have a few friends here on the forum, and want them to hear it directly from me, and not some media outlet. Please have patience. Here goes........

Forty years ago and more (I'm 60 years old), I confess to having used coercion to try to get girls my age to do naughty things with me. I am guilty, and am truly sorry for any pain I may have caused. I tried to coerce those girls at bars, dance clubs, parties, weddings, shopping centers, parks, and where I worked when I was in high school and college. Almost every day, I tried to talk them into doing disgusting, fun things with me. I was almost exclusively unsuccessful, but my intentions were apparent and sometimes (OK, usually) unwanted. I want to point out that sometimes (though not often enough), girls tried to coerce me. They were far more successful than I was, in that regard. I know this happened many decades ago, but I want to be up front, and owe up to the damage I may have done to those sweet, innocent (OK, not all of them were innocent) girls.

All these years later, those memories remain as a wonderful, joyous time of my youth. Oh.........sorry. I mean, I am repentant, and will be seeking professional help as soon as possible.

Pros can be very expensive, or so I hear.

You know, these distasteful actions may explain why your Raccoon is still swollen.
I'm probably not a good source of sound advice on this subject though. I'm kind of an enabler. All I know is chasing wimmens was one of the funnest times of my life. Haha...Almost as fun as riding motorcycles!