quieter aftermarket exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite some time ago I bought a set of stainless Muzzy slip ons. They were beautiful and sounded great but were way too loud. I went back to stock and still wasn't happy so I started looking at various mfg.'s with the quiet inserts. I considered the Leo's and loved them on my SV1000S but did not want to have to repack them in the near future. I commute on my bike so its gets ridden often.

After much searching numerous sights and Ebay as well as youtube it came down to two mfg.'s I was interested in. One was PipeWerx out of England and the other was GPR out of Italy. Both meet [with inserts installed] the rather strict "Euro" noise and emissions standards and both seemed to get rave reviews in Europe and abroad. In the end I went with the GPR's because they paid shipping and guaranteed them to my door within a week. Well to be honest I punched the order button on sunday night and wednesday afternoon of that week my G.F. was signing for them.

Quality and fit was excellent, in fact much better than the Muzzy's I had before. The sound with the inserts in is perfect for me and if I feel like making noise, well a set screw and one minute is all it takes. For me the asthetics, sound and weight difference were all worth it. I love my GPR exhaust. If you look on their website at www.GPR.it.com at the 2008 FJR1300 the pics are actually my bike with the cans on. They asked me to send photo's after installation to post on their website. With the service and quality product I received I was happy to comply. :D

Quite some time ago I bought a set of stainless Muzzy slip ons. They were beautiful and sounded great but were way too loud. I went back to stock and still wasn't happy so I started looking at various mfg.'s with the quiet inserts. I considered the Leo's and loved them on my SV1000S but did not want to have to repack them in the near future. I commute on my bike so its gets ridden often.

After much searching numerous sights and Ebay as well as youtube it came down to two mfg.'s I was interested in. One was PipeWerx out of England and the other was GPR out of Italy. Both meet [with inserts installed] the rather strict "Euro" noise and emissions standards and both seemed to get rave reviews in Europe and abroad. In the end I went with the GPR's because they paid shipping and guaranteed them to my door within a week. Well to be honest I punched the order button on sunday night and wednesday afternoon of that week my G.F. was signing for them.

Quality and fit was excellent, in fact much better than the Muzzy's I had before. The sound with the inserts in is perfect for me and if I feel like making noise, well a set screw and one minute is all it takes. For me the asthetics, sound and weight difference were all worth it. I love my GPR exhaust. If you look on their website at www.GPR.it.com at the 2008 FJR1300 the pics are actually my bike with the cans on. They asked me to send photo's after installation to post on their website. With the service and quality product I received I was happy to comply. :D
Here is the link, they sell them on Ebay under Motopassione

https://www.gpr.it/prodotti.htm

FWIW, I saw a Ducati Monster with GPR pipes at Seattle Ducati this past week. I was really impressed with the quality of the fit and finish. I've never seen/heard them on an FJR but on the Duc they were REALLY nice.

How bad were the customs fees?

Me likey. Kinda remind me of the old Yoshimura TRS pipes. Always wanted a set of those. I wish they still made 'em, I would buy for the FJR on a heartbeat.

grande_391867713.jpg

grande_1937042211.jpg

I don't know what the customs fee's were but GPR shipped them to my door for 500 flat. PipeWerx was going to be almost 700 after all was said and done. That swayed me!

THIS is the one I wish they made for the FJR:

122_1006_01_o+yoshimura_exhaust+trs.jpg

Yes those would be nice!!

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I saw a Ducati Monster with GPR pipes at Seattle Ducati this past week. I was really impressed with the quality of the fit and finish. I've never seen/heard them on an FJR but on the Duc they were REALLY nice.
The fit and finish are very nice yes. When I get a chance I will take a video of the bike so you can hear them. Concerning fit, with the Muzzy's I played hell getting the pipes lined up and still having the bracket for the centerstand pad in the right place. Had to do a little fabrication, not so with the GPR's. Fitting them to the bike could not have been easier.

I don't know what the customs fee's were but GPR shipped them to my door for 500 flat. PipeWerx was going to be almost 700 after all was said and done. That swayed me!

THIS is the one I wish they made for the FJR:

122_1006_01_o+yoshimura_exhaust+trs.jpg

Yes those would be nice!!
I wish I was skilled at fabrication because they still sell the cans only on the Yosh website; it would just be a matter of fabbing up a mid-pipe to match.