Quieter exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it came down to sound, appearance, weight and heat, not necessarily in that order. I started out with standard stainless steel Muzzy's. They were absolutely beautiful on my black bike, sounded great but were much too loud. Starting my bike in the morning at 6 A.M. made me wince and road trips left my head ringing. I traded them to a fellow forum member for his brand new stockers. I ran these for the better part of a year and after much research ended up purchasing a set of GPR Tri Ovals in stainless steel with removable baffles from Italy, straight from the MFG. My bike now sounds great, looks fantastic, isn't loud and lost some weight.

I could not be happier with the purchase. They were at my door within 5 days from Italy. The quality, fit and finish are outstanding and at 550.00 was a great deal. I must also say that fitting them on the bike was a snap compared to the Muzzy's. I had to do a little fabricating to not only get the center stand tab to index right but to also keep the center stand pedal from touching the Muzzy mid pipe. Not so the GPR's, they were spot on. I would take pictures but I have a back on the mend and can't push her out of the garage right now for photo's. I will in the future though. :)