Rear tires moves while on center stand?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBT531

Reaction score
Just bought an 07 FJR with 1300 miles and noticed when I place it on the center stand and start the bike the rear tires rotates very slowly.

If I pull in the clutch or use my foot to stop the tire it stops, but I wasnt sure if the clutch needs an adjustment or something?

I assume you are talking about the bike being in neutral? That is normal - especially when cold. Once it gets hot I suspect it will stop. I have always related this to the input shaft and the action it has agaist the gear lube in the transmission.

It is normal, but beware - if you stare at it too long, the damn thing will hypnotize you, and the next thing you know you'll be buying a new seat... Braided lines... Different windshields... Grips... Cruise control... 25+ pairs of gloves... You get the idea.

It is normal, but beware - if you stare at it too long, the damn thing will hypnotize you, and the next thing you know you'll be buying a new seat... Braided lines... Different windshields... Grips... Cruise control... 25+ pairs of gloves... You get the idea.
Wow! I didn't know you've been to my house. Specially the part about the gloves.

Ron

Make it stop, please, someone, make it GO AWAYYYYYYYYY

funny-pictures-crazy-man-0Xz.jpg

My R1 with back wheel in the air does the same in neutral, and it is liek you all know chain driven. Once temp go up, the back wheel stops :clapping:

Cool. now thats off my mind. How do I check the moly on the shaft or whatever I keep reading people say is light from the factory?

Have a look at the places referenced in the External Tech Links page.

Search FJRFORUM using Google, like "shaft lube site:fjrforum.com"

Go now and be amazed!

And Rad gets the January award for the most tasteless reply (with wonderfull pic) to a beaten to death question.

Sorry Rad but quite on the borderline of good taste,.......not that we strive for that here.

-Don

Just bought an 07 FJR with 1300 miles and noticed when I place it on the center stand and start the bike the rear tires rotates very slowly.
If I pull in the clutch or use my foot to stop the tire it stops, but I wasnt sure if the clutch needs an adjustment or something?

Just woundering what kind of bike did you have before ?? The reason i ask is , if it was a cruiser type with no center stand , you would never see the rear tire move. Just about every bike i have owned when on a center stand , the rear tire did move some.

And Rad gets the January award for the most tasteless reply (with wonderfull pic) to a beaten to death question.
Sorry Rad but quite on the borderline of good taste,.......not that we strive for that here.

-Don
Don if you think that was tasteless you have not been around here long enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
The muffler bearings are too tight. Make sure you check the clearance:

cast housings @ .0025

billet housings @ .0040

You'll also want to check the engine serial number on the Euro website to make sure you didn't get one of the French detuned engines. A simple fix by removing the stainless throttle body reducers and buying the replacement chip (around $40.00, IIRC).

Cool. now thats off my mind. How do I check the moly on the shaft or whatever I keep reading people say is light from the factory?
If you are going to do your own maintenance, you should purchase (order?) a shop manual.

In lieu of that arriving, there are several sites where great information is available. You should "bookmark" these locations:

https://www.fjrtech.com/ (Warchild)

https://www.fjr-tips.org/ (Bounce)

https://www.fjr1300.info/ (Hmarc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Just woundering what kind of bike did you have before ?? The reason i ask is , if it was a cruiser type with no center stand , you would never see the rear tire move. Just about every bike i have owned when on a center stand , the rear tire did move some.

2003 GSXR750 and a 2002 GSXR600 for the track. This is my first move towards a more touring style bike so its my first with a center stand.