Refilling the Carbtune

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
During the move to the new house my Carbtune was tipped over. About 1/2 the Mercury that it came with was lost. I finally found some online but I'm not sure if 1oz will be enough to fill it up the last 50% needed to function properly.

Does anyone know how much originally comes with the tool? I found it for $45 per oz. the mass of Hg is 13.546 g/cm3. According to those numbers i will have approx. 2 cubic cm which should be plenty for the tool, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought my extra on line from dealer that i bought the carb tune from. i got it when i first heard that they might start restricting sales/shipment of mercury. my original quantity is still working and that heavy little package of spare is waiting in the wings.

i know this doesn't help you, but it makes me smile to think i actually planned ahead successfully. it happens so rarely.

i'll try to remember to go check the label on the package for volume.

It might be a Motion Pro carb tune? It was inexpensive and works great. It was purchased back in 2003 before the other fancy ones were readily available let alone affordable.