Remove a label

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a trick that my wife had me do ,and it works great. Avon makes a product called Skin so soft. Peel that label off as best as you can. Then apply some Skin so soft to you finger tip and rub the Gooey stuff away. It works great and does not harm any finish, including paint.
Hey friend. You used the hairdryer on the tank. Full or empty or? I want to get mine off but nervous about an explosion if ya know what I mean. Thanks in advance.

Here is another vote for the Honda Pro cleaner or Plexus. I just got a Yammy touring shield and removed that label. Tough one too. But I used the Honda Pro spray and a fingernail and had it off in about a minute. Finished it off with Plexus and you would never know it had been there. These are the products I use to clean it anyway, so no harm as far as I am concerned.

mr.paul

Warm it up with a hair dryer and it should peel off without leaving any residue. I you do have remnants, the old trusty mineral spirits will take off most glues without damaging the substrata if you wipe it off with the glue.

Rather than repeating what everyone else said, I give you another option for the residue. I take a piece of highly adhesive tape, I use 'Tuck' tape (the red tape that is used for sealing vapour barriers in building construction,) and 'dab' the residue repeatedly. It's amazing how fast it 'picks up' the remaining adhesive. I find with Goo B Gone or Goof-Off it takes a bit of effort to remove all of the dissolved adhesive. Usually there is no trace of the label having been there.

Am I the only one that does this?

There is a label on my new Yamaha touring windshield, telling how to clean it properly. I don't want to do any damage to shield, but want it removed. What should I use?Thanks for any help.

Jim
When you get yours off please tell the forum how you did it! I have the same wndshiled and have tried everything on the sticker that is legal and non-toxic. I have tried more than one of the recommended cleaner/removers with no luck. I even left a wet sponge on it for several hours. I think Yahama must have invented some new glue that's guaranteed to piss you off.

Thanks

BGH60