Ride plans for EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one that's HaulinAshe's secret road but I'll spill the beans. It's a great little run you guys might be interested in if you're coming in from the north on I-40 or have some time kill out of Maggie Valley. Link Waypoints B to C are 9 miles of the tightest slalom road I've ever seen. There's a very short section of gravel south of waypoint B but is state maintained so no big deal. I-40 between there and Maggie Valley isn't half bad. It's about as close as an interstate highway gets to being actual sweepers.
Why am I drooling and making noise like Chewbacca? Oh ya, theirs actually a google streetview available!
Even the gravel section looked fun!!!
The Foothills Parkway road on the north side of the half loop is also a nice section though not at the level of the lower half along TN-32. Oh, and there's a cool dam to check out on the Pigeon River.

Last edited by a moderator:
2904021.jpg

OK, I think I got this figured out. This is TN-32 so it makes perfect Bungie type sense that he would have been looking for this road in North Carolina, a completely different state.

2904021.jpg

OK, I think I got this figured out. This is TN-32 so it makes perfect Bungie type sense that he would have been looking for this road in North Carolina, a completely different state.
Nope. Off 28 right where we were, just down the road about a mile. The photographer spilled the beans as to it's location. I know exactly where it is.

BTW, parts of TN32 look tasty!

Nope. Off 28 right where we were, just down the road about a mile. The photographer spilled the beans as to it's location. I know exactly where it is.
So pray tell where then is it?? If you think I am going to follow you without knowing the destination then you are just about as dumb as Bustanut. Looking at that section of Hwy 28 there seems to be only two candidates....

Bungies%20Road-L.png

Both make for good Bungie roads since both dead end and you have to do a U-Turn.

Looks like fun. I'll follow the both of you. I've got a GPS. Getting lost will be ok. It'll get us back to the hotel. :)
That's the sad part. Bungie has a GPS too. It doesn't seem to help in his case.

Here is a photo of Bungie working out a route on his GPS.....

bungie%20GPS-L.png

BeemerDons tells me that Bungie bought his GPS at Toys-R-Us.

Looks like fun. I'll follow the both of you. I've got a GPS. Getting lost will be ok. It'll get us back to the hotel. :)

[img=[URL="https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Humor/FJR-Fun/FJR-Fun-Stuff/i-fDg6xGC/0/L/bungie%20GPS-L.png%5D"]https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Humor/FJR-Fun/FJR-Fun-Stuff/i-fDg6xGC/0/L/bungie%20GPS-L.png][/URL]

Ohhh... I see. Maybe he's the type of person that likes being lost. That's good. I have a little bit of that in me too. It makes life more interesting. Does Ram make a mount for that? :)

[img=[URL="https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Humor/FJR-Fun/FJR-Fun-Stuff/i-fDg6xGC/0/L/bungie%20GPS-L.png%5D"]https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Humor/FJR-Fun/FJR-Fun-Stuff/i-fDg6xGC/0/L/bungie%20GPS-L.png][/URL]

Ohhh... I see. Maybe he's the type of person that likes being lost. That's good. I have a little bit of that in me too. It makes life more interesting. Does Ram make a mount for that? :)
I'll buy you a beer if I see you riding around EOM with a Ram-mounted Etch-A-Sketch...maybe even two

:D !

I'm sure it's doable. I've seen iPads on a ram mount on some work trucks around here. They'll make a mount for anything that can use one. :)

So pray tell where then is it?? If you think I am going to follow you without knowing the destination then you are just about as dumb as Bustanut. Looking at that section of Hwy 28 there seems to be only two candidates....

Bungies%20Road-L.png

Both make for good Bungie roads since both dead end and you have to do a U-Turn.
I'm not telling you where it is. You'll only forget after about 3 seconds anyway. But it IS on the map above. But the road is so tight that it appears as almost a straight line.

I'll buy you a beer if I see you riding around EOM with a Ram-mounted Etch-A-Sketch...maybe even two

biggrin.png
!
I had one once. Very frustrating..... hit a bump and everything erases..... now you know why Bungie can occasionally get lost..........

Got things worked out a little better, now I'm showing up Friday night so I can spend all day Saturday riding with FJRs...can't wait! Vic, the first round's on me Friday night.

We are leaving the Daytona area Thursday after work heading up the slab for the Savanna area. Friday, heading to MV via 2 lane across South Carolina. Should be at hotel late afternoon. Looking forward to our first EOM. Less than 2 weeks now.