Ride plans for EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, last time that I'll post about this. I plan to overnight in Meadows of Dan, VA the night of the 18th... which is Wednesday night & take the fun/twisty way into Maggie Valley planning the best twisties vs mileage. The route that I've created is 234 miles... mostly twisties.

Meadows of Dan is directly off of the Blue Ridge Parkway where Rte 58 in VA meets the BRP.

If anyone from points North is interested in overnighting there & joining AbercrombieFJR & I for the remainder of the ride, make a reservation. Another option... stay someplace in the vicinity & we can meet up Thursday morning. PM me.

FYI... Hotel info: https://www.yellowpages.com/meadows-of-dan-va/mip/blue-ridge-motel-restaurant-5464569

It's nothing fancy... just a really good locale.

I also have a Garmin GPS route made up if anyone wants it,

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
I converted the routes to one big GDB file that contains all 6 of them. GDB = Garmin Database. If you have a later zumo 66X+ the via point should remain silent just the turns should announce.

I make no claim as to the accuracy of the routes. I just took the gpx files and created routes for gdb. Sometimes your GPS will recalculate it differently too. Verify them on your own. Look before your turn and try not to take a left off a mountain.

That is all.

CLICKY HERE

Bike is loaded and parked outside of my office. Planning an afternoon with two options:

1. If I can get out early I'm pointing toward Warm Springs, VA for a camping night.
  2. If I get out late, I'll slab it to Buchanan VA.

Bike is packed and I'll be ready to leave from work...at 4:00pm, Gray Ray, OHFJR and me will be south bound to Ripley WV for the night...then a nice twisty route down to MV for tomorrow. WooHooo!

see y'all tomorrow...

See ya' soon Joe. I'll be on the road around 2ish.

I'll be there mid-afternoon Friday...I expect cold beer and "sure you did" stories standing by.

lol.gif

In route to ORANGEBURG SC for an overnight roughing it at a holiday inn. Three hours of twisties on my way in for check in tomorrow. Yeah! My life sucks! :))

I had planned to ride to Shady Valley, TN to the store to see if I could catch any of you on the way through just to say hi, but rain broke out here this afternoon and hasn't let up for hours now.

I'll try again tomorrow,

but it looks like there are probably not too many of you are actually coming through this area...

https://goo.gl/maps/er7gU

-Roger

I had planned to ride to Shady Valley, TN to the store to see if I could catch any of you on the way through just to say hi, but rain broke out here this afternoon and hasn't let up for hours now.
I'll try again tomorrow,

but it looks like there are probably not too many of you are actually coming through this area...

-Roger
I'll be there between 10:00 and 11:00 tomorrow the 19th unless there is significant rain.

I'll try again tomorrow,

-Roger
I'll be there between 10:00 and 11:00 tomorrow the 19th unless there is significant rain.
And I thought you was going straight to bed after that Canadian wiskey, so you'd be well rested for the ride tomorrow. I'll be going to bed right after posting this. That was a pretty good Mexican resturant! Glad I followed your lead.....see you in the morning.

I'm watching rain here and around the Shady Valley region on the weather map this morning. The mountain fog may be more of a problem in some areas though. Hopefully it will burn off. I also have to go into work half a day, so unfortunately for me, I won't be available to head toward SV until right after noon.

-R

Last edited by a moderator:
10:30am in Shady Valley right now. It's raining a bit and my bike is only one around. See you next time.
Yeah, sorry I missed you, John. It looks like crap here at home still, too. What a difference a week makes. My last trip over the mountains it was absolutely perfect out. Maybe it will clear off for your return trip.

-R