Ride to Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, Dec 18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I want to see that new 6 cyl BMW. If it is there, and I get to sit on it, holy shit batman my wallet will take a beating.

I'm in!!!
Hi Lanny, Are you bringing along your WOP buddy from Fallbrook with you??
Not sure. His bike is in pieces... On purpose.

I'm in!!!
Geeze, thought one was the limit for FJRs in Fallbrook...when I lived there, it was barely a one horse town!

I'll consider the ride over with the rest of the Phoenicians, just have to clear it with my CFO. :unsure:
AVGeek: johnny80s, The Italian Stallion lives in Fallbrook; Capiche! Welcome from San Diego!
I knew Johnny80s was there...thought he might have gone to Fallbrook Union High like I did, but he actually moved there as an adult!

"Adult" John? Are we talking about the same person?!?!?!?
Ah crapola Lanny, you beat me to the punch line!! AVGeek: Santa Fe Dreamin' is absolutely right; johnny80s is a 13 year old trapped in a 30 year old somethings body!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking I want to see that new 6 cyl BMW. If it is there, and I get to sit on it, holy shit batman my wallet will take a beating.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48809 As everyone on our FJR Forum knows, I'm a card carrying member of the BMW M/C Party; I'll even show you the bleu und weiss Roundel tattoo on my ass to prove it. But, I just can't stomach (pun intended, you've seen my gut!) the weight of this new BMW Beast. One of the attributes we of the BMW Faithful have always admired about our Kraut Krap was the light weight versus the Nipponese bikes, but this brute is fecking heavy! I just wish Hans und Dieter could've kept the weight down to 635 lbs. instead of 710 lbs.! Of course, I guess I could just lose 75 lbs. and the K1600GTL would be just right for me! FECKING NOT!!!

I was holding off buying my tickets to see if they offered this deal again, and they did. Edited first post to reflect this information.

Enjoy. ;)

***EDIT***

Bikebandit.com special $15 voucher/gift card with ticket. Use the link to learn how to get the Bikebandit deal. No other discount is provided unless you get more than one ticket. One voucher per purchase, first 5K people.

I'm in!!!

I'm in!!!
Geeze, thought one was the limit for FJRs in Fallbrook...when I lived there, it was barely a one horse town!

I'll consider the ride over with the rest of the Phoenicians, just have to clear it with my CFO. :unsure:
AVGeek: johnny80s, The Italian Stallion lives in Fallbrook; Capiche! Welcome from San Diego!
I knew Johnny80s was there...thought he might have gone to Fallbrook Union High like I did, but he actually moved there as an adult!

Ah crapola Lanny, you beat me to the punch line!! AVGeek: Santa Fe Dreamin' is absolutely right; johnny80s is a 13 year old trapped in a 30 year old somethings body!!
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Welcome from San Diego!

Change of plans for me. My wife decided to run a booth at the show selling her hair ties so it looks like we wont be riding in with you all this year. Make sure you stop by and say Hi. We will be selling her Wrapters :D Wrapter

Change of plans for me. My wife decided to run a booth at the show selling her hair ties so it looks like we wont be riding in with you all this year. Make sure you stop by and say Hi. We will be selling her Wrapters :D Wrapter
Very cool Dan! I think the Wrapter is an excellent idea. I hope you guys have a patent on that.
We'll drop by and give you guys crud. :p

1) I just cut my hair pretty short, will it work on hair .5" long?

2) Will they sub for nylons (Beemerdons and Old Michael want to know)?

3) Bust wants to know if they are safe for sheep?

:D

See you there Dan. ;)

Very cool Dan! I think the Wrapter is an excellent idea. I hope you guys have a patent on that.
We do have a patent. We wanted to name it Hair Condom but had to change the name to get the patent :rolleyes:

We are total rookies at doing a show. This will be our first. Our booth should be easy to find it will be the one with one table and a banner..hahahahaha

Good Morning Simon and Richard,

Who flys into Long Beach Airport these days? My girlfriend Donna has her Company Holiday Party on Friday the 17th, so I am going to have her catch a flight to SoCal for the IMS. But, Southwest Airlines only flys to Orange County or LAX. Are any airline carriers offering flights from Phoenix into Long Beach Airport?

Regards, Don Stanley 480-440-4666 [email protected]

Don, I used to fly from Long Beach all the time back when I lived in SoCal; its my favorite airport there. Last time I was there, it was Jetblue, American and America West (now US Airways!). I just checked US Airways website, and they have a flights throughout the day there.

Its a cool airport; you still go out on the tarmac and climb the steps into the planes. The terminal is still decorated in 40's Art Deco, with lots of pictures of McDonnell Douglas aircraft (their headquarters were there, before they were bought out). Its also really easy to get in and out of, sort of the best kept secret in SoCal.

Don, I used to fly from Long Beach all the time back when I lived in SoCal; its my favorite airport there. Last time I was there, it was Jetblue, American and America West (now US Airways!). I just checked US Airways website, and they have a flights throughout the day there.

Its a cool airport; you still go out on the tarmac and climb the steps into the planes. The terminal is still decorated in 40's Art Deco, with lots of pictures of McDonnell Douglas aircraft (their headquarters were there, before they were bought out). Its also really easy to get in and out of, sort of the best kept secret in SoCal.
Many thanks, AVGeek! I have my gal Donna booked on US Airways Flight No. 2697, Phoenix to Long Beach, arriving at 9:28PM on Friday, December 17th.

I'd forgotten Fairlaner was flying back from the United Kingdom today and that FJBluesman was at the Beauty Parlor for hair highlighting and tanning booth!

Add me to the list of attendees, except I will probably ride to Long Beach on Friday morning with the AZBeemers crowd and stay at the Rodeway Inn. I wanna look important!

What's with the Starbucks address? Is it 2890 N Bellflower Blvd or 2850 N Bellflower Blvd???

Dan

I'm in!!!

I'm in!!!

I will be there! Count this WOP in.

Add me to the list of attendees, except I will probably ride to Long Beach on Friday morning with the AZBeemers crowd and stay at the Rodeway Inn. I wanna look important!

What's with the Starbucks address? Is it 2890 N Bellflower Blvd or 2850 N Bellflower Blvd???

Dan
Dan - Thank you. I have the correct address changed, it's 2890. New link and correct address on orignial post.

I will be there! Count this WOP in.
Done, one WOP in.