Ride to Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, Dec 18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday's Weather Forcast:

60% Chance of rain in the Long Beach area and a high of 60 degrees.
I'm gonna bust out my Harley Davidson Rain Suit. Is anyone gonna make fun of me wearing it while on my FJR? Just Curious. DR
We will make fun of you for the many other weird things you do. After all you are on this forum so you have to have plenty of issues we can use against you.

So what's your point?
If you don't want to ride in the rain bring the cage, no biggie. We can all still meet at Starbucks and ride or drive to the event.

I will check this post before 8am Saturday, then I'm off.

I'm gonna bust out my Harley Davidson Rain Suit. Is anyone gonna make fun of me wearing it while on my FJR? Just Curious. DR
We will make fun of you for the many other weird things you do. After all you are on this forum so you have to have plenty of issues we can use against you.
Just no Fat Jokes or comments about my run in's with celebrities. lol

Sorry anything goes.

Sorry anything goes.
Hey Goombah, I think this thread is way overdue for one of your "Special" photos from your "Happy Pictures" files! johnny80s, are you going on Roy's Ride on 12/27?

I'm bringing your Boyfriend SkooterG along to Temecula! He REALLY misses FJRBluesman! Capiche?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry anything goes.
Hey Goombah, I think this thread is way overdue for one of your "Special" photos from your "Happy Pictures" files! johnny80s, are you going on Roy's Ride on 12/27?

I'm bringing your Boyfriend SkooterG along to Temecula! He REALLY misses FJRBluesman! Capiche?
I don't know remrezz so I can't mess with him that much.

Sorry anything goes.

I don't know remrezz so I can't mess with him that much.
Go ahead mess away... You can start with my Illuminated vents that glow blue.
tongue.gif

Hey kids, you can always cage it too. I may do that myself... Has there ever been a ride and no one rode to it, they drove?

After riding in the rain the last few storms and then riding this morning and then in all the traffic on the way home, I thought, "I think I've had enough of this rain crap". If I have a choice I might choose to just stay dry.

My day(s) in the rain:

Today was special, it was our Holiday luncheon. I arrive at work and park, I'm all wet (yes I had my rain gear on). I then drudge the 1/4 mile or so to my building, getting wet the entire way. I then go to another building for a meeting getting wet in both directions. We then go to lunch, walking the 1/4 mile back to the parking lot (in the rain) to catch a ride with a cage (I’m also wearing my bike rain coat). We eat and leave.... almost. The car's battree is dead. Those dang lights really drain the battree after an hour and one half). We push the car back out of its spot so we can jump it, and then we leave, all wet.

Back at the plant, we arrive and park and again walk 1/4 mile to our building while getting wet. I leave for the day lugging my laptop, a couple bags of goodies etc. I walk the 1/4 mile to my bike getting wet, and put all my junk in the bags, put my helmet over my soaked head, thrust my soaked hands into the gloves and off I go.

Traffic riding home was nasty and I didn't want to lane share (ok maybe just a few times, I mean some speeds are way too slow), so it was slow going.... raining the whole way. It rained all bloody day.

Since I'm a SoCal guy I'm not real found of just running around in the rain on the bike if I don't have to, so I may truck it.

We'll see how the weather is in the morning. I will still be at Starbucks regardless, for some heavy ridicule or whatever.

Everyone ride/drive safe. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the CBA prez, and don't have to ride in the rain!

But all the real men do..

...don't make me name names!

:****: :rolleyes: