Ride your FJR to Work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right outside my office door.
I see you are in Elizabeth City. I used to live there when I was going to college. My father owned the Cadillac/Olds dealership (on Eringhouse or something like that). I dout it is there any more. I liked that place.

Ed Lee, Lancaster, SC

Actually, I'm kind of disappointed by the number of guys that have bikes where I work that didn't ride this morning. Something to do with "WAHHH WAHHH...It's going to be hot today!!! WAHHH!"

Oh brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
My motorcycle is at work, just like every day (except for snow, ice and salt). Since this is Ride To Work Day, around 10:00 I will sacrifice and ride my motorcycle back home, then turn around and ride back to work again, this time in honor of RTWD.

I’m waiting to see if the business wuss owner will ride his Hardly Spurtster to work. For the first time this year.

Rode yesterday - I'll ride it today also.
Hey HerkyPilot, I went through Concord this past Saturday on the way to Lexington to get some BBQ, returned home to Lancaster, SC the back way around High Rock. Are you going to the EOM rally in Lewisburg in Sept?

Ed Lee

I’m waiting to see if the business wuss owner will ride his Hardly Spurtster to work. For the first time this year.
:rofl: :rofl:

I feel cheated... I work from home, so no ride unless I play hookie :( Eh, maybe later I'll do a few laps around the cul-de-sac at warp speed, just to settle the urge...

As a chauffeur it's difficult to ride the FJR at work although it would solve a lot of the congestion problems in London. Instead I've taken the afternoon off and am about to go for a ride to the south coast.

Rode to work Monday.

Rode to work yesterday.

Rode to work today.

Gonna ride to work tomorrow.

Gonna ride to work Friday.

Then . . . VACATION!!

WOO-HOO!!!

I purchased my FJR 2 weeks ago for riding it to work and back, beacause of the gas prices.

My first week I only got 39 mpg??????? I was hoping to get at least 45 mpg.

I purchased my FJR 2 weeks ago for riding it to work and back, beacause of the gas prices.My first week I only got 39 mpg??????? I was hoping to get at least 45 mpg.
Hey Elwood, the pedal down on the right side...don't push on that when the throttle is open. It creates poor gas mileage!!! :glare:

Seriously, you must not have had the bike sitting the same way when you gassed it if you only got 39 mpg...unless you ride to work at 90mph. You should expect 44-45 pretty consistently at reasonable speeds and shifting at 3500 to 4000 rpm (pretty normal for just commuting), and higher at 50 to 60. If you keep that right hand twisted and shift at 7k and higher, then that engine loves fuel but RUUUUUNNNNNNNNNSSSSS GUUUUUUDDDDDD :yahoo: :yahoo: