Riding and Crashing and Learning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man ya really wadded her up bro. Good to see you back in action here :)

BTW Has the forestry service got back with ya??? :p

Oh, dibs on the passenger pegs!!! :lol:

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding that you're on the mend!

I had a similar experience with the RN's when I had a get off about 9 years ago which resulted in two compression fractures in mah back. Absolutely was thankful for the (in my mophine induced state) super hawt nurses who took care of me for the week I was in the hospital.

Although, they did get a bit annoyed at the end when I kept asking for the spunge bath 4 times a day. Ya know...cuz dats how we roll. Gotta keep the helmet polished, they jus be hatin.

It's also fantastic that you are trying to have a sense of humor about it. The comments about doing the Homer down the hill actually made me LOL for real. Something about you cartwheeling down the hill with the FJR in tow all the while going, "doh!....Doh!...dOh!....DOH!.." was a hilarious mental visual (of course, only because you said it. :p ).

Much respect and heal up bud.

Ok, let's not have to go back and re-learn that lesson again..... :unsure:

Glad to see another ride report from you and that you are on the mend.

In time, you let us know if you need anything.

Recover...day by day.....and don't push it.

Take care.

PS: I wonder if that rear wheel will balance out??? And you should take that Right Front Turn Signal and make a necklace out of it....it looks like the only thing not screwed up on the bike......pimp daddy.

Hey, OM!

Having the willingness to post up about your experience shows the kind of brass you're made of. Kudos.

You, Sir, are now a walking advertisement for ATGATT. You have joined an elite crowd here on the forum, of which I am NOT a member. Yet. And I hope it's a long time before I am.

I look forward to having that hot dog with you in 2010.

Hal

Sure glad your still with us OM.

I look forward to more ride reports & pictures from you on your new 09 FJR.

Heal well.

HeyHey Michael!!!

Great report. Totally laughed out loud at your "wiggling fingers" chuckle (BTDT). It's a great feeling to realize that even though it hurts like a bitch, it all still works.

I'm a little disappointed that you don't have any pics from while you were bouncing down that hill. You're slacking old bean!

Bummer about your steed. Strange how we get so attached to these inanimate objects. At least you still have your oil drain plug! :p

Heal up fast. I need someone on these group rides slower than me.

Thanks for the post getoff analysis. I'm glad to see you back on the forum and on the mend. Take care of yourself.

-Greg-

Thanks for the post, Michael, and the insights it contains. It must have been difficult to re-re-re-visit the event.

See you at the next Gathering of the Clans (Morro Bay or wherever). I will bring the Scotch. (Sean, Patrick, Michael, and Mark - Irish Pub roll call indeed!).

Oh yeah, where are the pictures of the nurses?

Great to see you back Michael. There are few who could make such a beautiful story out of an oopsie. Loved the photos, as usual.

If there is anyone on the forum who is not capable of making a similar mistake to yours, will he/she kindly post their name - on Friday!!!

Heal fast, because we're waiting for some ride pix taken from your new bike adventures.

Jill

and don’t get me started about the freaking constipation brought on by the meds. Holy CRAP. It’s amazing how long a human can go without making a stool.

I’m told I’ll recover completely. Good deal.
I tried to tell ya. the post of prediction

You will recover, just don't get in a hurry. It's been 14 months since I did what you did. Some things still hurt, some things still don't work, some things are in different places, still weak, etc.

I remember when the surgeon told me that I'd still be working on recovery in 18 months... And I thought, ...pft... Well, uh, yeah, he was right.

Hi, Michael. Thank you for the fly ride report. It takes courage and humility I think to own up to our mistakes, but you've embodied the spirit I've seen on this forum many times of sharing our experience for the benefit of all, however painful to ego or body.

Also, even though you're still on the mend, your writing hit as high a note as you ever did before in terms of insight and humor, so there's more evidence you have come out of the woods on this incident.

Now, for those who want pics of nurses, I'm sharing one I took on my way out from visiting you that day in Sacatomatoes (and now you know that the real reason I scooted up there was not to visit a busted-up "middle-aged" goatee-less spaced-out ol' fart whose only words for me after that 3-hour round-trip super-slab ride in the 106-degree heat was "F**k! Don't do that!" after slapping you on the back :p ):

nurses.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
makes me think of how a rider would fare not wearing protective gear. I have the Jacket and pants, but Living in central Texas, only wear them it in the 3 days of Fall , Winter, and the 3 days of spring. I find it hard to put them on for a 15 mile trip in 102 temp. but also cringe at the thought of being in that kind of crash with just my jeans and a short sleeve shirt. In any case I am Glad you are OK, the mechine can be replaced...........

Sure glad your still with us OM.I look forward to more ride reports & pictures from you on your new 09 FJR.

Heal well.
+1 :clapping: Glad yer healing there Michael. I love yer ride reports...and this one especially as yer alive to talk about it. It was nice to meet you, however briefly, at NAFO and hope to ride with you when I do an "out west" ride.

Take care.

Michael,

I had a similar experience on my cruiser and decided it wasn't the bike to ride where I live...bought the FJR one month later and never looked back! Glad to see that you are doing well and without head or neck injury, the gear is always a must.

TAKE CARE,

Ankhman

Hey OM,

glad to hear you can move all your fingers (always a relief). And say your steed dont look too bad, I mean that hose clamp on the water pump looks completely unscratched and maybe the tank looks ok too :)

When you get up and movin you should call Kiethaba, over in KY he can get ya back on the road :)

OM,

Glad that you are getting back into action. It makes me shudder to see the pictures of your once beautiful bike. Sure didn't hurt that you follow the ATGATT rule. I'm happy to hear that you should make a full recovery. "There but for the grace of God" crosses my mind when I read your words. A wise man admits his mistakes and works to learn from them. I hope I don't become as wise as you anytime soon. Get well and check out the 2009 model. :rolleyes:

That poor motorcycle! All the miles I haul your bald headed aging body around the country and you do this to me? Throw me away like a 2 dollar whore? Into a steep ravine, and then, and THEN you hang me by ty downs from a freakin' fork lift? The humility of it all! Have you no sense of decency? Respect or fairness? Just for that, my gas tank wants to live on at the Hondarosa, where it will be polished and cared for in perpetuity.

Oh, and Michael?

Really good to have you with us bud. :yahoo:

Latest posts