Riding Groups Dallas/ Fort Worth area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a pretty good sized group in the Metroplex. I'm sorta bikeless at the moment after I totalled my 06 and sold my yzf600r or else I'd offer to join you for a ride. You should see some posts here pretty soon from some of the great folks in the area. I'm hoping to take delivery of my 08 in December some time so won't be long before I reconnect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow Rider, you just missed the big Fall ride of the Southern FJR owners, many of whom live in the Metroplex. We met in Russellville, AR a few weeks ago. You can get the rundown on the search engine, under SFO. FJR Chik and Bounce are the main contacts on this site to get involved. Phil

We do most of our posting in dfw area groups. Purportedly the longest group ride thread on this forum. Fjrchik will tell you all aboot it.

yep. longest thread. we are very proud. but we never get together. LOL!

I think we should get together for lunch at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine on a Saturday before too long. Really... it has nothing to do with those tiny shorts on the waitresses.

I think we should get together for lunch at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine on a Saturday before too long. Really... it has nothing to do with those tiny shorts on the waitresses.
I think I can agree with that................. The lunch of course. Not the tiny shorts. Whadda ya think Chick? Maybe we can all get together after Thanksgiving if the weather cooperates.

GP :)

I think I can agree with that................. The lunch of course. Not the tiny shorts. Whadda ya think Chick? Maybe we can all get together after Thanksgiving if the weather cooperates.

GP :)
I was just thinking of a DFW/N TX Meet N Eat for after Thanksgiving on my way into the office this afternoon. Or possibly in January, depending on people's schedules. We can shoot for something in early December and see how many can come. I just know how it is in December - my birthday is 6 days before xmas and it's impossible to get friends together to celebrate. Too many holiday parties and family things to deal with. So maybe earlier in the month would work out ok.

I just went to Bone Daddy's on Halloween. Soooooo not impressed with the food. I had heard good things about their BBQ but I think Risky's is much better. Just my 2 cents. Somehow I'm guessing you weren't rating the food anyways!

But I do believe, if you plan it, they will come! :good:

I'll check my schedule for Dec/Jan and post back. Who all will be around the saturday after Christmas?

Some of us North Texas gang should get together here pretty soon. I work every other Saturday, and those not worked I have the little girl. So, she might have to come along for entertainment value.

I did ride today. 39 degrees and rain, the bike hadn't been awake for a few days, so I thought what the hell. It was fun.

Think about a Sunday get together for lunch or something.

And yes Mary, show up some time. We will work on you until you get back onto an FJR.

Take care all,

Bryan

OK what about Sunday the 9th? noonish?

tell me where folks. i don't normally do breakfast or lunch. so throw out some ideas.

edit: I'm referring to December 9th. I don't leave DFW until the 21st so my reply about being gone was in reference to Tejas's suggestion to have it right after Xmas.

OK what about Sunday the 9th? noonish?
tell me where folks. i don't normally do breakfast or lunch. so throw out some ideas.

edit: I'm referring to December 9th. I don't leave DFW until the 21st so my reply about being gone was in reference to Tejas's suggestion to have it right after Xmas.

Howdy,

I will put Sunday, Noonish 9 Dec on my calendar - so count me in.

If this comes together, I look forward to meeting everyone. Odot...you coming?

Take care.

Rex

RLTW!!

Where do y'all wanna go? Bone Daddy's in Grapevine? Hooters? Hopefully somewhere with TVs since football will be on? Any other ideas?

Bone Daddy's is a nice thought. Not sure I will watch much football in there though........

Bryan