Riding Groups Dallas/ Fort Worth area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FJR has sidetracked me a little. I just need to get the brake light switch and a little labor and then the DRZ 250 will be ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to join you people from my South Okla. home. But am in balmy Minnesota until Sunday night. Hopefully next time . . . . Phil

Would like to join you people from my South Okla. home. But am in balmy Minnesota until Sunday night. Hopefully next time . . . . Phil
dang phil! i'm so jealous. i haven't been home to MN all year. and its soooooo nice and cold there right now! lucky! ;)

It's pretty dang nice here in madison, wi right now......y'all are missing out.

Ok, I just called Bone Daddy's. The don't take reservations but they have a call-ahead list. So I can call early on Sunday morning and get our group on the list then. That should get us a table.

The weather is looking to make a significant change on Sunday. If anyone doesn't wanna take the bike out if its bad, feel free to come in the cage. But do still come! Its a *MEET* and Eat. Come meet your FJR neighbors!

hmmm..........starting to sound like my first "meet" in the dfw area.....anyone care to comment? At least there will be hot chicks there.

Ok folks...I was able to get some small SWAG items for our get together tomorrow (courtesy the fine folks at Moto Liberty). = That means free stuff for you! :clapping:

Fjrchik and I will work out a system how we will be giving this stuff away. It should be fun!

I look forward to meeting you all there.

Go Cowboys <ducking>

Rex

RLTW!!

As I suspected, when I sent my last message, something has come up. Sorry, I will not be able to meet with the group.

Hope you all have a good lunch. See ya next time.

Glenn

I will be on the small bike today since I am already very familiar with its wet weather manners. I realize that the FJR will run fine in the rain, but I am thinking that a few more miles to familiarize myself with its responsiveness would just be plain old good thinking. See y'all there!

ok, we are the FJR group with a table for 10 at 11:45. see ya there!

I think I have a small window to show up and eat some grub....I'll be there.....grapevine, right?....Right where 121 and 114 split?

Enjoyed the get together.

I liked the fact that it stayed fairly small 8-10 peeps.

It would be nice to do that a little more often.

Damn cold ride though, fingers were about numb by the time I got back home.

I really liked the scenery at Bone Daddies,I will be going back there in the future.

How bout them Cowboys!!!!

Mark

Enjoyed the get together.I liked the fact that it stayed fairly small 8-10 peeps.

It would be nice to do that a little more often.

Damn cold ride though, fingers were about numb by the time I got back home.

I really liked the scenery at Bone Daddies,I will be going back there in the future.

How bout them Cowboys!!!!

Mark
Gunny that Mark! It was a great time and I concur with all your above (except the numb fingers - the cage and heater prevented that from happening = wuss). It was sure great getting to meet you folks!

We do need to do this a little more often. THANKS fjrchik for your work facilitating this meeting! You did real good!

Whenever someone wants to ride, let me know! I am off every other Friday and off every weekend. Also, I have a lot of use or lose leave that I can take.

Go Cowboys!

Rex

RLTW!!

I had a great time guys! Was fun to see everyone again and to meet Rex and Ed. Thanks again for the goodies Rex!

Vikings won too!! :D

It was a good time. Nothing like a ride down in rain and 37 degrees. I didn't much care for the ride back home, but I was glad to have brought the bike anyway. Can't imagine what people were thinking as I was passing them on the road.

We need to do this once in a while. That way I won't keep forgetting who is who. My Saturdays are usually spoken for, but a lot of times on Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays I can go out and play a little.

Thanks to chik for keeping it in line and rangerk9 for scoring us some goodies.

Later all,

Bryan

It really was nice to see everyone. Reminded me again that I'm not just fortunate to have found such an oustanding riding machine in the FJR, but an equally outstanding community in the FJR pilots. How about a First Sunday's gathering, get together for some coffee/lunch somewhere in the central metromess on the first Sundays of the month? As the weather gets nicer it could turn into a quick cup of coffee before a ride and then lunch at the end.

Uh oh. I just have this nagging worry that won't go away. The Vikings - one of the hottest teams in the NFC these days - will play Dallas in the playoffs. And I'm man enough to admit I've sceered of the way that Meenasoetta team is playing. But hey, if we truly are the best in the NFC then I guess it shouldn't matter who we play.

Uh oh. I just have this nagging worry that won't go away. The Vikings - one of the hottest teams in the NFC these days - will play Dallas in the playoffs. And I'm man enough to admit I've sceered of the way that Meenasoetta team is playing. But hey, if we truly are the best in the NFC then I guess it shouldn't matter who we play.
yeah, i've been hearing that too lately. and since we gave dallas a strong run for their money when we played them earlier in the season and we were kinda suckin then....you gots reason to be askeered! :eek: