Rifle Winscreen- Installation suggestions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGirlOnTheGo

Reaction score
Hello all you FJR's!

Love, love, love my new FJR! I have already put Heli risers on the bars so I can sit more upright and I am hoping the new windscreen from Rifle (thanks for the recommendations) will dampen the incredibly loud and odd draft when the screen is up. Also go a great tip on the GPS mount from a forum rider who makes them and have purchased and installed the machined part and it is excellent...yay!

Before I go poking around and break something, does anyone have any input on the best way NOT to screw up the changing out of my windscreen? :clapping:

Your thoughts?

AGirlOnTheGo vroooommm

Karin

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info HiYoSilvr, I shall kneel and see the light tomorrow... hopefully all goes smoothly. Thank you.

+1 what jim said. I've had mine since mid 2006 and it still works and looks great. I did paint the lower 1/3rd a flat black to prevent HID glare.

Do not overtighten the nylon screws, just snug them. I discovered on mine after many miles, some at higher speeds, its wise to re-snug screws or at least check them.