Rolling Colorado Rockies FJR Ride July 22-26, 2013; bag the high passes; Estes Park, Leadville, Gunnison & Silverton overnights; no rally fees - FUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the years, I have travelled many of the roads south of I-70, but rarely have I been in the northern part of the state. I was in Estes Park last year for a wedding, but took the camper van and decided that sooner or later I would be back on the motorcycle for more exploring. Don, who is a member of our local BMW motorcycle club, put together a ride through some of the great towns in Colorado. All told, about nineteen motorcycles and twenty two folks attended, some from as far away as...
https://littlebobandfriends.com/journeys/colorado-2013.html
Nice pictures. I am going to copy a few of those for my personal folder.

I had a great time riding Colorado and especially enjoyed the company of all of you good people. I hope to see you all again.

Sylvia and I rolled in Monday afternoon after 4,500 miles of great roads, good times and visiting with new and old friends. Sorry - no pics but Bob and Russ have that covered! Thanks again Papa Chuy for putting this together - a great idea. See you all again soon.

Sylvia and I rolled in Monday afternoon after 4,500 miles of great roads, good times and visiting with new and old friends. Sorry - no pics but Bob and Russ have that covered! Thanks again Papa Chuy for putting this together - a great idea. See you all again soon.
I also rolled in on Monday, but with only 3600 miles of great roads and good times.

From AZ Beemers Club Member Gary "Mudslide" Miller:

Ok, slight delay on posting any videos, but hey, I had 150 video clips to sort through from our trip and I'm still a working stiff so I only get to play with them on the weekends (much to Lynn's chagrin!). On a 2nd note, uploading to YouTube sucks! All of my videos (which have excellent quality on my computer) end up looking fuzzy and like they are swimming under water by the time they upload to YouTube. It has an option that says "It looks like your videos may be shakey. We can fix that. Yes or No." So I click on yes to let it try to fix it and they still look about the same afterwards.

So anyways, set the videos on 1080p HD before you start to watch to get the best that you are going to get and in the meantime if anyone knows how to correct that let me know. All my videos were recorded in 1080p and are of excellent quality before I upload to YouTube. I also use Sony Vegas Pro 11 as my editor (which I'm still learning).

This one is Kyle & I on our way up Rt 133 just past Paonia through Somerset on Day 2 from Telluride to Steamboat Springs. 133 in on my list of favorites (I have many) in the beautiful CO Rockies.

This is just the next track on Rt 133 from Somerset

This one is along Rt. 40 east after leaving Steamboat Springs on Day 3. We run along the beautiful canyons of 40 through the small town of Hot Sulphur Springs. We are headed for Estes Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
More Great Rolling Colorado Rockies Ride Videos from AZ Beemers Club Member Gary "Mudslide" Miller:

======================================================================================

Gary,
Thanks for the videos!. Have you tried Vimeo instead of Youtube. The videos I have uploaded with a link have turned out pretty good.

So Bob, I checked out & actually signed up with Vimeo (their "Basic" plan) but it's basically worthless (no pun intended) unless you go to their "Plus" account (which cost's $10/mo.) or the "Pro" account ($200/yr). No thank you, very much! The basic plan only gives you 500MB of storage. One video of mine is 5GB. So, so much for that because I'm too cheap to pay a subscription to something I'm only going to use a few times a year.

Here was our climb up Mt. Evans. I was the last one up because of stopping to take pictures & video of some of the scenery. Enjoy.

Disclaimer: Even though in video "Evans 1" it appears that we cross a double yellow line to pass, it is just an optical illusion. We were carving the mtn road so quickly that the broken yellow passing lines look solid! ;D ;D

CO Rockies 5 – Climbing Mt. Evans 1 This video starts out right after stopping to pick up Dashbaw's riding gloves that he was throwing at me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, really enjoyed your videos. You did a great job.
Hi Jer, all of the 4 videos were produced by Gary "Mudslide" Miller. He was the Father of Kyl, Son Kyl was riding the Victory V-twin and Gary was on a black BMW R1100RT.
Don, thanks for posting them and Gary, thanks for producing them. Very enjoyable.