Routes to Golden Colorado

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development
Reaction score
This weekend I was working on my route to Golden Colorado from the Bay Area. My plan is to head east and then north to Jackson Hole Wyoming and then up through Yellowstone. From there I am planning on riding east to Devil's Tower and then down to Golden. I thought it might be interesting for folks to post their intended routes and maybe groups would form to ride together. See you in Golden.... Rich

image_map-1.gif

Dr. Mad Scientist, what is your planned timing for that ride? If all works out, I would like to take some time getting there, and I've never seen that part of the country. If I'm taking Thurs-Friday off, I can conceivably leave the previous Saturday, which opens up a whole lotta geography (bearing in mind my CBA affiliation and the need to stop every hour on the hour :rolleyes: ).

Dr. Mad Scientist, what is your planned timing for that ride? If all works out, I would like to take some time getting there, and I've never seen that part of the country. If I'm taking Thurs-Friday off, I can conceivably leave the previous Saturday, which opens up a whole lotta geography (bearing in mind my CBA affiliation and the need to stop every hour on the hour :rolleyes: ).
I have off from July 19-29th. I have been to Jackson Hole many times and Yellowstone also. I have never been to Devil's Tower (Close Encounters of a Third Kind). I plan to take my time and see the sights. Probably leave on Saturday or Sunday July 19 or 20th. I plan to do the loop around the park in Yellowstone and see the geysers, mud pots and the falls. Cody Wyoming is also a pretty neat town to explore. Just my thoughts for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister lives in Phoenix. How about coming home via Phoenix? Looks like about 1,000 miles from Golden to Phoenix.

I'll be leaving for NAFO from Petaluma on Friday morning, June 27th. Plan to mostly camp and stay with friends and relations. All are welcome to join in. :rolleyes:

RouteToNAFO.jpg

I'm going to try put my new teleporter for NAFO. I'll be using the 3rd dimension super highway. :rolleyes:

Probably head up from Houston to Austin (visit cousins), then NW to New Mexico... turning north eventually to hit Pagosa Springs (that's the same starting path I've used to get to the last 2 WFOs...). After that, I'm still debating how much time to spend riding through Colorado BEFORE I get to NAFO. Could go up towards Lake City, or west towards Durango/Ouray... no lack of options, that's for sure.

This weekend I was working on my route to Golden Colorado from the Bay Area. My plan is to head east and then north to Jackson Hole Wyoming and then up through Yellowstone. From there I am planning on riding east to Devil's Tower and then down to Golden. I thought it might be interesting for folks to post their intended routes and maybe groups would form to ride together. See you in Golden.... Rich
image_map-1.gif
How many miles is that route, Rich?

image_map-1.gif
How many miles is that route, Rich?
It looks like it is just under 1800 going. I plan a pretty straight route home after NAFO. I don't think visiting JB's sister in Phoenix is on the return route for this kid..... As for NightShine, I think he will be dizzy when he gets to NAFO from going in circles!

I-80 to I-76. There are a few minor details, but that's pretty much it. There's not a whole lot to see between here and there, so I just want to get it over with and then ride in the mountains ( :yahoo: ). And if I don't get stuck in traffic, it'll be a BBG there. If traffic's bad, just a BB.

Ok here is a very rough idea of the route I may take to NAFO. Any comments or suggestions? Anyone riding out from the east coast interested in meeting up along the way?

gypsy

Road_to_NAFO2-600x501.jpg

I'll be leaving for NAFO from Petaluma on Friday morning, June 27th. Plan to mostly camp and stay with friends and relations. All are welcome to join in. :rolleyes:
RouteToNAFO.jpg
NightShine, have you calculated the mileage for this trip, as it may earn you the award for longest route to NAFO?

I'm planning on getting as close to Taos as I can on Tuesday. Then heading up through the Sand Dunes on Wednesday and on into Golden.