Rude Behavior

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The gods help them that help themselves." -Aesop
I always knew it as "The Lord help's those who help themselves", then my Dad added the following "And LORD help those who DON'T"

Which is along the lines of "Those who ask don't get any, and those who don't ask don't want any."

3 more days....then I can go riding. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
For crying out loud. What a complete waste of bandwith. Me thinks some people need to take a deep breath and go for a fucking ride.
....then stop adding to the idiocy. Then again.....you are skooterg. Someone wanna fix that name up for me?

For crying out loud. What a complete waste of bandwith. Me thinks some people need to take a deep breath and go for a fucking ride.
....then stop adding to the idiocy. Then again.....you are skooterg. Someone wanna fix that name up for me?
Playa Crasher Extraordinaire? HorizontalRider? Slip&Slide?

I thought "newbie bashing" was part of the charm...uhm....initiation process....er...not that I'd ever do that. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think leading them to the search function is a good idea, if one does it like Iggy, where he actually "types" the way to search, a learning process for us all. Or give them links rather than name calling and belittling. It is sometimes painfully obvious that they HAVE NOT read the "Bin-O-Facts" as highly suggested in the intro when they sign up. Yes, I know we were all "newbies" once, but there wasn't the redundancy and repititiousness of the same questions as now when there are soooo many new members. I'm not sure that all the responses that raise ire are as mean-spirited as some believe. Well, except for TWN and SkooterG. :lol:

I got called rude today when I farted. So I shit my pants to make my point :yahoo: That'll teach 'em!

Playa Crasher Extraordinaire? HorizontalRider? Slip&Slide? SkooterG
I thought "newbie bashing" was part of the charm...uhm....initiation process....er...not that I'd ever do that. :rolleyes:
Fixed.

All good? Will this stop the madness? :devilsmiley:

:jester:

No, bust, won't stop it, but I bet you made "somebody" blush.

It would be cool if we could keep this bull shit going until WFO and then we can be rude in person. That way the drunken belching and farting would be far more effective. :clapping:

It would be cool if we could keep this bull shit going until WFO and then we can be rude in person. That way the drunken belching and farting would be far more effective. :clapping:
Can't make WFO . Any chance a betamax tape of me being rude, will suffice? :rolleyes: Maybe krashdragon can deliver it :p

Can't make WFO . Any chance a betamax tape of me being rude, will suffice? :rolleyes: Maybe krashdragon can deliver it :p

In Beta format that would be "vintage" rudeness but if you send the equipment with it then all is good. :)

In Beta format that would be "vintage" rudeness but if you send the equipment with it then all is good. :)
Ah yes, my rudeness is legendary, though "vintage" does have a nice"ring" to it :yahoo:

Ah yes, my rudeness is legendary, though "vintage" does have a nice"ring" to it :yahoo:

It is to bad you can't make WFO. I have been known to be rather caustic myself. It would be fun to comprare notes with a fellow shithead. :lol:

Damn - this has become the-thread-that-cannot-die. But it does seem to be drifting off-topic a bit (WFO and other useful topics are starting to creep in). Here - lemme 'help' by nudging it back towards JWAD's original battle cry:

RUDE BEHAVIOR WON'T BE TOLERATED
JWAD's right!! - of course it depends on your definition of "Rude Behavior." Suppose a particular member's definition of is something like: Rude behavior is wasting bandwidth and everyone's time* by asking questions whose answers can easily be found in "The FAQ" -- (the New Members forum, the Help function or using the Search function)

Then I'm sure that we'll all agree that this member would only be following JWAD's lead if he were to post something like...

Hey Mr. First-timer,
You see that little Search box at the top? Give it a whirl. Probably find more info on XXX than you care to know about.

BTW it rocks.

-BD
right?

To paraphrase former Prez Clinton - "it all depends on what your definition of rude is"

FM

-- and is there an emoticon for "throwing gas on the fire"?? Best I can find is :fire:

[SIZE=8pt](*) Yes, this thread is a complete waste of bandwidth and time. We haven't just beaten the horse to death. The horse was beaten to death, the corpse rendered to glue, the glue used to hold a stamp to a letter, the letter sent round the world and the stamp added to some kid's collection. But what the heck -- somebody wanted to keep it going 'til WFO. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been my experience that on most motorcycle sites the new guys are generally given a hard time at first. I just keep hanging around asking my stupid question and eventually everyone just feels sorry for you and leaves you alone. One of my frist post was how do I get the FJR on the center stand and I got all kind of replies. A couple of guys even offered to lend me their wives. Any man that would lend his wife to a complete stranger is alright with me. Imho opinion I think the rude behavior is all in fun at least thats the way I take it. :yahoo: I might get slammed for my opinion but who cares jump on I've got big shoulders!

Me thinks he might be getting the point by now. Group hug now?

Status
Not open for further replies.