running bad (feeling blessed)...limped home (walking on air)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIKE! See post above your last! Grab up that engine off ebay NOW! Looks complete, just like you want. Low miles, and CLEAN.

And, decently priced with shipping included.

GET IT NOW!

Been following this thread from afar. Not much a guy 1,800 miles away can do. Not sure how good the diagnosis, or how practical the engine/head swap, and I don't know Patriot (only through this site for years), but count me in for $50 when the light is green.

When we get him back on the road, I think he needs to invite us to his place for a crawdad feed. Mmmmm, crawdads...

I'm sorryI'm venting and off kilter
You're allowed to vent. Ya big dork. We have the answer, we just need to find a way to buy it before someone else buys it. 19 days left on the auction, and btw, it's or best offer, so that might be something to consider too, though I feel that's a fair price, especially shipped.

So let us get started on the PayPal donations and we'll see if we can generate the funds. You might have a few friends on this forum. Let us help.

so if I was Billy Gates, and reasonable funds avail, is that 100% the way to go.

I could madly service the AIW with tricks she's never seen before then whisper I want to use the April 1st Car Insurance $1000 to buy an engine.

Whatta y'all think if you we're me.

I honestly don't have it in me to deal well with the details and I trust the FJR Collective with my well being and sanity.

Can someone contact him and ask what is lowest price he'd take. Also mention I'd purchase with cash, check, or debit over phone so no fees.

B4 another minute thanx Howie n MM Vic

Thanx everyone

cracking a smile

Can someone contact him and ask what is lowest price he'd take. Also mention I'd purchase with cash, check, or debit over phone so no fees.

B4 another minute thanx Howie n MM Vic

Thanx everyone

cracking a smile

OK, so let's get this thang going!
punk.gif

Either Mike is going to need some help to buy the eBay engine or to pay his hired wrench to get Howie's engine fixed. Either way we can give him some help to get outta these dark woods. The Paypal account has already started to collect funds.

See post # 285 for directions on how to help out.

I looked thru the ebay engines and the one I linked to is still the one I'd buy if I needed to replace an engine. Partly due to it being unmolested and very clean, and partly due to the vendor being someone I have dealt with in the past and know to be good people, if still in business to make money, which is fine by me when they are honest, and these guys are.

I'm reluctant to call them until we know we can close the deal. It's likely they will sell it over the phone and you can avoid the ebay fees.

logo-plus.jpg

https://fosterauto.com/

I'll say it again...this is what the forum is all about. Kudos to Fred, Howie and all the others for offers of help and assisting with Patriot's predicament.

Let's align the stars and get Mike back on the road!

--G

First off, a quick thanks to everyone who has already donated to the Isabella Repower Fund.

Secondly, and the real reason for this post, is that I've had a generous donation of some goods by our friend 08FJR4ME (Dave) aka WynPro! Here's Dave's email to me:

O.K. here is my deal. I am wanting to donate some swag for this effort.

Folks can get some WynPro products (at a slightly lower price than normal) and instead of sending me the funds you can send it to the account that Fred W has setup for Patriot. Please make sure to put your address and forum name along with your payment in the information. Fred can then forward the information along so that I can get the WynPro products shipped out.

Here's how this is going to work. The first person to post up in this thread for each of the items will be the one with first dibs to purchase. If you have dibs you can go ahead make the Paypal payment to Fred and send him your ship to address via PM.

Let the posting begin!

Big Foot, $20.00 Shipped to US or Canada

100_4511.jpg

Ram Bone, $36.00 Shipped to US only

100_4452.jpg

Pair Covers, $45.00 Shipped to US only

100_4473.jpg

Floor Boards, $63.00 Shipped to US only

100_4567.jpg

I apologize to my Canadian Brethren but the Postal Fees to Kanukistan have gone out of sight.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: