S&T 2010 for 14.99 @ Staples 6/18/10 Only!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S&T will not see the StreetPilots directly. Their USB interface does not have a COM1 or COM2 driver that S&T expects to find. Export the GPX from S&T and load it into Mapsource, and transfer from there.
My GPS won't directly download from S&T either. Unfortunately, I loaded Mapsource on the same day as S$T, since I just got a 60CSx a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, the Mapsource did not come with an unlock code for the maps, and my first email to Garmin customer service was less than helpful. But S&T looks good -- similar to Google Maps and pretty intuitive.

S&T will not see the StreetPilots directly. Their USB interface does not have a COM1 or COM2 driver that S&T expects to find. Export the GPX from S&T and load it into Mapsource, and transfer from there.
My GPS won't directly download from S&T either. Unfortunately, I loaded Mapsource on the same day as S$T, since I just got a 60CSx a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, the Mapsource did not come with an unlock code for the maps, and my first email to Garmin customer service was less than helpful. But S&T looks good -- similar to Google Maps and pretty intuitive.
Unlock code should have come with the hardware. The maps are not unlocked as copy protection, they are unlocked to be associated with a specific device.

Yup, shoulda been an unlock code with the GPS, only there wasn't. It was a new unit and not a rebuilt. I have a S/N number for Mapsource, and Garmin isn't (so far) giving me a hard time about it. Their first instructions on how to unlock the maps was incorrect, so I'm waiting on a follow-up. I certainly don't want to buy another copy just for an unlock code. But until I get that going, Street and Trips is nice but not very useful. It was a good buy though. ;)

Yup, shoulda been an unlock code with the GPS, only there wasn't. It was a new unit and not a rebuilt. I have a S/N number for Mapsource, and Garmin isn't (so far) giving me a hard time about it. Their first instructions on how to unlock the maps was incorrect, so I'm waiting on a follow-up. I certainly don't want to buy another copy just for an unlock code. But until I get that going, Street and Trips is nice but not very useful. It was a good buy though. ;)
Without the unlock code I don't see how Map Source is doing you much good, either. Maybe I'm missing something. (Naaa... couldn't be! :D ) And you can use S&T - in fact, until this version, that's all we did - independently of the GPS.