Sac Area--Who's Attending FJRay's September RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want to get Mike stranded out a goat trail with a horny sheep fecker molesting the livestock of locals armed to the teeth. That could go badly.

You wanna trade places with him? ;)
As in "armed guard" having a shootout with the locals while you fornicate with their livestock? No thank you, sir. I figure you can wait until we get to Ray's the next night. Still, I didn't want to put you in temptation's way. :lol:

As for me, I'm planning an early Saturday morning departure (2 am to 3 am) for La Pine from Grass Valley. (per MapSource routing: 446 miles, ~7.5 hours + stops for fuel and food)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you shorten the ride by taking 3 north and pick up 97, I'll take it. I have already been up through Mt Lassen this year. Like you,I have not done that section of 3 into Oregon, but I'm pretty adept at programming a GPS :p . The section of 36 that we would get to take is IMO some of the best with a good variety of rollers and twisties, but leaving out most of the one-lane goat trail. I concur with Exskibum's route advice.
Rich, thanks for the input. I like that change. Tom, I don't know poo about programming a GPS, and you'd be most welcome on the 36-3-etc. leg of this adventure anyway. Planning a pretty early Friday takeoff from the downtown Sac area and straight up I-5. We'll get the details set up with a PM or two.

Here's the route Tyler and I will be riding from Grass Valley on Friday the 14th. She wants a 8am leave time so plan accordingly.

We will enjoy the first 60 miles along the Yuba River on beautiful Hwy 49 up to Hwy 89 and on to Quincy for a late breakfast/early lunch at the Courthouse Cafe along with a fuel stop. With a pass on the east side of Lake Almanor and up Hwy 44 to 89 the speed limits open up to 65 in places. Another fuel stop in Burney and we're good to go to Klamath Falls and pre Ruben party.

Of course there may be a few stops for fire suppression along the way :eek:

BeemerDon, you still in with us? Anyone else?

PM me if you need my cell #

Doug

https://goo.gl/maps/zSBoq

Izzat what the kids are calling it these days? My, um, plumbing varies greatly from yours so I may need something more than a tree in the middle of the woods. :p

Dear Ms Tyler.

Any parts you may choose to remove from Barry need to be removed from my property and disposed of as toxic waste. :rolleyes: :eek: :lol:
No prob, Ray... I won't leave you with any unwanted bits... Hefty and I are on good terms. :D

... so I may need something more than a tree in the middle of the woods. :p
It's starting Dougie.

pouting-little-girl.jpg

Stand your ground.

biggrin.gif

Doug, how does this alternate look to you? https://goo.gl/maps/e7MuJ

Tom, going through Lassen would just add too much time to the ride as we won't be riding Iron Butt pace. I will be stopping at subway cave off 89 just above 44/89 junction. It's a way cool lava tube right along the hwy. Harris Spring rd is a fun back road of 89 to Doris Ca.

Or maybe the back way through Lava Beds, then north to Klamath Falls https://goo.gl/maps/9qX33

I will be headed north on Sunday but here's a dandy route through Lava Beds and up to Medicine Lake - very nice route. Also added Bucks Lake rd out of Quincy, watch for gravel on the road from boat trailers on the east side of the pass, clear on the west side.

https://goo.gl/maps/7bS1U

It goes through the park, and takes something called Davis Rd to 97. Never been there. Do you know if that works?

Looks like fun. I'll see what Sunday brings. If I have to ride from Ray's in the sag wagon, it might be hard to get an early start.

I am gonna do that. I have walked through Subway cave this July and it is way cool. Also Burney Falls worth stopping. In the summer the park is manned and the entrance fee (parking fee really) is $14. Fook that. I have been there in Oct and it's not manned but I leave a couple bucks for parking for about 1/2 hour. Will have to see what the story is in Sept.

Also, there is gas in Old Station at the intersection of 44 and 89, so no need to make the detour to Burney.

I am gonna do that. I have walked through Subway cave this July and it is way cool. Also Burney Falls worth stopping. In the summer the park is manned and the entrance fee (parking fee really) is $14. Fook that. I have been there in Oct and it's not manned but I leave a couple bucks for parking for about 1/2 hour. Will have to see what the story is in Sept.

Also, there is gas in Old Station at the intersection of 44 and 89, so no need to make the detour to Burney.
Sam, are you going to ride with us part of the way?

You are not going to do that route around Medicine Lake and Lava Beds? Hmmm. I must be confusing who is riding where with all those routes being posted back and forth..

Here's the route Tyler and I will be riding from Grass Valley on Friday the 14th. She wants a 8am leave time so plan accordingly.

We will enjoy the first 60 miles along the Yuba River on beautiful Hwy 49 up to Hwy 89 and on to Quincy for a late breakfast/early lunch at the Courthouse Cafe along with a fuel stop. With a pass on the east side of Lake Almanor and up Hwy 44 to 89 the speed limits open up to 65 in places. Another fuel stop in Burney and we're good to go to Klamath Falls and pre Ruben party.

BeemerDon, you still in with us? Anyone else?

PM me if you need my cell #

Doug

https://goo.gl/maps/zSBoq
Bugnatr thanks for taking the time and effort to route out and plan for our Friday's ride to K-Falls from NorCal, I want 9/14 to be a no-brainer ride day for Papa Chuy Viejo.

Papa just plans on following Tyler's fanny so I don't want to think of a path, with the blood rushing from my Irish head I wouldn't be able to think very clearly anyway, ese!

POSTSCRIPT: Our Arizona-Michigan-Nuevo Mexico Contingent will do our very best to be at the departure point at 0800 hours. However, please bear in mind that we are traveling along with "La Princesa": HotRodZilla. I have ridden many miles with AJ and I swear to God it takes the man an hour to put on his makeup, do up his hair and select his ensemble for the day's ride. Riding many days with 'Zilla is like traveling with Greta Garbo, except Garbo is much easier to put up with on a motorcycle trip! If we are running late leaving SacramentoMike's mansion I will call you and we will catch up!

You are not going to do that route around Medicine Lake and Lava Beds? Hmmm. I must be confusing who is riding where with all those routes being posted back and forth..
Buggie Poo, listen to the Hibernian Wisdom of your Old Irish Uncles Old Michael and Papa Chuy damnit to Hell! It is already starting: Stand Your Ground, Doug!

pouting-little-girl.jpg

Sam, I posted that route for TominCa on his way home. The route from Harris Spring rd. to Lava beds is very nice but may not have the time with wanting a mellow pace and getting to K. Falls before 6 pm. You are welcome to ride up with us and split off at Harris Spring RD. I may do Harris Spring Rd to Doris and let Tyler & Don continue on 89 to I 5. That last section (Harris Spg. etc) gets a bit tight and bumpy which is not much fun for Tyler on her Spyder.

We are riding this with a 8 am leave from Grass Valley https://goo.gl/maps/zSBoq

If you klowns get us lost an I end up raped by a bigfoot.... :unsure:

I am going to be so pissed!!!!! ;)
Bigfoot only lives on the west side of I 5. Right where Sacmike is taking you. Humm..... :unsure:
On the contrary, according to old Indian legends, that Subway cave you like so much used to be inhabited by an "Ape Man". Makes one wonder, if it was indeed Bigfoot... ;)