Sac Area--Who's Attending FJRay's September RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can take Cyndi and I off the fecking around list and put us on Flynn's list (who's Flynn? :unsure: :) )

We have hotel reservations in Klamouth Falls Best Western Olympic Friday and Saturday
Got it, Steve and Cyndi! https://www.inlikeflynn.com/flynn.html Came from Irish-American actor Errol Flynn, can also use "In Like O'Keeffe!", or "In Like Stanley!" Do not use "In Like McNamara!".

The phrase "In like Flynn" originated as a coarse reference to Errol Flynn's powers as a seducer. In November, 1942, Flynn was charged with statutory rape, arrested and brought to trial, then acquitted. He was charged with having sexual intercourse with two girls under the age of 18. (He was 33 at the time). It was Flynn's belief that the Los Angeles district attorney had made him a scapegoat for Hollywood in order to discipline the film community. Jerry Giesler (Flynn's ace lawyer) considered Flynn an excellent witness and thought that his "gentlemanly demeanor throughout the trial had been an important factor". A new phrase was added to the English language: "In Like Flynn".

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I have Friday off. What's the route we are taking from Sacramento to wherever on Friday? One big group or several small ones? Send me some invites to join your ride groups people!
tongue.gif

Also, anyone want to ride NF-19 Aufderheide and then McKenzie pass on Saturday? I have to head back home on Sunday as I have to work on Monday.

Sam, this is just one big rolling cluster pucker :lol: I believe there may be several routes, Sac Mike was talking about a coastal route, I will most likely ride up 49/89 from Grass Valley to Klamath Falls for an easy 100 mile ride to LaPine sat. morning. Do you have another route? It would make sense to break up into manageable groups instead of one big one trying to get somewhere,eh?

Sam, this is just one big rolling cluster pucker :lol: I believe there may be several routes, Sac Mike was talking about a coastal route, I will most likely ride up 49/89 from Grass Valley to Klamath Falls for an easy 100 mile ride to LaPine sat. morning. Do you have another route? It would make sense to break up into manageable groups instead of one big one trying to get somewhere,eh?
+1, Gunny; Sam-The-Man if you'd take over a third group it would be much appreciated, we don't want this to look like a dcarver/Biker Geek 99 Harley Parade! I personally am riding with Bugnatr, ever since he told me he has Miss Tyler traveling with him!!!

+1, Gunny; Sam-The-Man if you'd take over a third group it would be much appreciated, we don't want this to look like a dcarver/Biker Geek 99 Harley Parade! I personally am riding with Bugnatr, ever since he told me he has Miss Tyler traveling with him!!!
Does this mean I have to share her with you Don? :lol:

Sam you are welcome to ride with us.

Hey now, it's the Irish Way!

Bug, you invited Sam?

Bug, you invited Sam?
Hey now! What's wrong with inviting the Samchow?

Bug, you invited Sam?
Hey now! What's wrong with inviting the Samchow?
OK, OK puppychow: Yes, you can ride with us to K-Falls! Jeez Marie what the bloody Hell is next, are we going to now let Bokerfork ride along with us too?

OK, OK puppychow: Yes, you can ride with us to K-Falls! Jeez Marie what the bloody Hell is next, are we going to now let Bokerfork ride along with us too?
Don, Don, Don,

No worries. You know I only go where OM tells me to go.
My Brother Mark, can I Officially add you to the OR-RTE Attendance List?

ATTENTION: Has anyone talked to Al - Feejer about this rolling goat feck?

Don, Don, Don,

Not until RsvlFeej accepts. I'm still fecking around.

Once Patrick is in I'll do that oil change thingy, get some new rubber and try and obtain the itinerary from OM.

Just so everybody knows, I'm not committed to doing the coast route I mentioned. It's 480 miles compared to Doug's 420, another hour. I've done that route plenty myself, but I thought if out-of-towners wanted to see some of Cali's hotspots (36, redwoods, coast), it would be a good option. Either way, we could all end up in K-Falls that night. If there's a group that definitely wants to do that ride, I'll lead it, but if not, I'll be taking the shorter route. We can certainly have a staged start and ride in smaller bunches, though we might want Doug to blow up a map section marked for the Grass Valley-Mt. Shasta City part. There's a couple roads there I'm not familiar with myself.

Those who want can always do the I-5 to hwy 97 blast due north too--about 300 miles.

Booked in K-Falls for Sept 14th. A room with 2 Queen beds. Still have no accommodations in La Pine for Sept 15th...on the hunt for that right now..

Don, Don, Don,

Yes. Talked to Al - Feeger several times about the goat tour. He is still feckin' around.

Booked in K-Falls for Sept 14th. A room with 2 Queen beds. Still have no accommodations in La Pine for Sept 15th...on the hunt for that right now..
As of yesterday there were still two rooms at the BW in Lapine. Bend is an easy half hour north and There is plenty of tent room in my yard.

Mike, could you post the route from a google map for us. The best I've got shows about 550 miles and at least 12 hours of hard riding in the twisties. I'd love to do it , but in my experience, that could turn into a 15-16 hour slog with a group unless everything goes perfect. Enjoying 36 to Hwy 3 and heading north there changes that a lot.