Sac Area--Who's Attending FJRay's September RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, could you post the route from a google map for us. The best I've got shows about 550 miles and at least 12 hours of hard riding in the twisties. I'd love to do it , but in my experience, that could turn into a 15-16 hour slog with a group unless everything goes perfect. Enjoying 36 to Hwy 3 and heading north there changes that a lot.
Well, I double checked the legs I'd thought about--Sac to Red Bluff, Eureka (Fortuna) by 36, Crescent City, and K-Falls, and you're a lot closer than I was. Maybe I left a leg out. The first 131 miles is just I-5 though, but still a pretty long day. And half of 36 is still 36, and we'd be taking them past "the sign." Maybe that's enough. I've never taken that route of 3 thru Hayfork to Weaverville, and I've always meant to try it. I guess it would be a shorter ride, and still a good one, but I don't know all the turns. Are you be going that way? It would help to have somebody who's done it before.

Mike -- haul the sheep fecker up 5 to 36 west to 3 north all the way to Gazelle Callahan Rd east to Old 99 south to Weed and from there it's northeast on 97 to Klamath Falls. That's a really fine day of riding, plenty long enough, but not so ass kicking long that Bust's back will be too sore for him to molest goats at Ray's on Saturday.

Yer both welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
ATTENTION: The Bustanut joker La Pine, Oregon Ride to Eat Rolling Cluster **** starts ten days from today (for Bust!). If you are going and are not on the list below, please let me know and I will add you to the list. If you are on the list and are now NOT going, due to a sex change operation or you have turned Italian, please let me know and I will remove you from the Attendance List.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU'RE ATTENDING AND ARE NOT ON THE LIST BELOW-GIVE ME A SHOUT AND I'LL ADD YOU ASAP! Current Attendance Roster for Oregon Ride to Eat in September! List as of 9/1/12:

IN LIKE FLYNN: Please Note: If you are packing a pillion passenger with you please let me know and I will add their name behind yours as the Rider! Such as dcarver and Fairlaner!

HYCLE and Terri

Bugman

Nazgul

Bluestreek and Cyndi

SockMonkey

Fingerflicker

Big-D

marcusorelius and Duke The Wonder Dog

TomInCA

FJRay's Daughters

Mark and Diane

Jer

Exskibum

wabill

gregory

Duster750hp

ahchiu

lustypan

Fairlaner

Jorstin

cali_rider

bikerskier

juniorfjr

gfran and Cindy

Longrider

dcarver

huchieglide and Pam

puppychow

Tucson Joe

Fly Bye

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

NightShine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Niehart

Tyler

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx and Amy

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp and Kat

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

Still fecking around list:

Al - Feeger is still feckin' around.

wingshot

Bokerfork

SkooterG

BikerGeek99

RenoJohn

Route update: Bustanut wants to ride the glorious California Highway 36, so one group will be leaving Sac Friday a.m. and blasting up I-5 for Red Bluff and this:

Not_enough_curves_5.jpg
OK SacMike you're in charge of Bust on Friday 9/14, Papa Chuy is keeping his eyes fully focused on Miss Tyler's sweet buns all damn day long! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

DSC5979-XL.jpg

OK SacMike you're in charge of Bust on Friday 9/14, Papa Chuy is keeping his eyes fully focused on Miss Tyler's sweet buns all damn day long! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

DSC5979-XL.jpg
Erm.. You bring up Sex change and this picture?

I'm thinking of stayin' way clear of Miss Tyler now.

Is it too late to start bein' nice to her? :unsure:

DSC5979-XL.jpg
Erm.. You bring up Sex change and this picture?

I'm thinking of stayin' way clear of Miss Tyler now.

Is it too late to start bein' nice to her? :unsure:
Many decades ago I was stabbed by my Nicaraguan girlfriend, once the bleeding stops it really doesn't hurt all that bad!

Busta nut joker is a clown

He's gonna ride beemerdon's fjr through our towne

We will ride with him to La pine

to eat ruben sandwitches should be fine

Then we go to rays fer BBQ

busta will moon the crowd before he says adeiu!

Mike, could you post the route from a google map for us. The best I've got shows about 550 miles and at least 12 hours of hard riding in the twisties. I'd love to do it , but in my experience, that could turn into a 15-16 hour slog with a group unless everything goes perfect. Enjoying 36 to Hwy 3 and heading north there changes that a lot.
Well, I double checked the legs I'd thought about--Sac to Red Bluff, Eureka (Fortuna) by 36, Crescent City, and K-Falls, and you're a lot closer than I was. Maybe I left a leg out. The first 131 miles is just I-5 though, but still a pretty long day. And half of 36 is still 36, and we'd be taking them past "the sign." Maybe that's enough. I've never taken that route of 3 thru Hayfork to Weaverville, and I've always meant to try it. I guess it would be a shorter ride, and still a good one, but I don't know all the turns. Are you be going that way? It would help to have somebody who's done it before.
Mike -- haul the sheep fecker up 5 to 36 west to 3 north all the way to Gazelle Callahan Rd east to Old 99 south to Weed and from there it's northeast on 97 to Klamath Falls. That's a really fine day of riding, plenty long enough, but not so ass kicking long that Bust's back will be too sore for him to molest goats at Ray's on Saturday.

Yer both welcome!

If you shorten the ride by taking 3 north and pick up 97, I'll take it. I have already been up through Mt Lassen this year. Like you,I have not done that section of 3 into Oregon, but I'm pretty adept at programming a GPS :p . The section of 36 that we would get to take is IMO some of the best with a good variety of rollers and twisties, but leaving out most of the one-lane goat trail. I concur with Exskibum's route advice.

Is this what you are thinking?

Steve and I will be in Red Bluff Thursday night and them La Pine Friday and Saturday.

Route

R

Yer both welcome!
If you shorten the ride by taking 3 north and pick up 97, I'll take it. I have already been up through Mt Lassen this year. Like you,I have not done that section of 3 into Oregon, but I'm pretty adept at programming a GPS :p . The section of 36 that we would get to take is IMO some of the best with a good variety of rollers and twisties, but leaving out most of the one-lane goat trail. I concur with Exskibum's route advice.
I did Hwy 162, Hwy 89, Hwy 36 and Hwy 3 and Gazelle Callahan and then Hwy 97 in one day in July with a bunch of picture stops along the way, was still done in less than 12 hours. You can do it too ya pussies!! Just do it! As for not knowing the corners ride at 60-70% like always on the street and it shouldn't be an issue.

The route I am taking will look something like this, with some modifications. I haven't rode La Porte this year, nor Hwy 49 so both are in contention. Plus, I am hoping to make a stop at Lava Beds for the Lava tubes, plus there are other places I want to check out, so it seems I will be taking the eastern route.

https://www.google.c...a=1,2,3&t=m&z=8

Is this what you are thinking?

Steve and I will be in Red Bluff Thursday night and them La Pine Friday and Saturday.

Route

R
Almost, Richard. But go further north on 3 to Gazelle Callahan Road and take it east to Old 99 to Weed. Gazelle Callahan is an interesting road twisting down the mountain and through farmlands, in good shape with almost no one on it. I haven't ridden the road you show there to get from 3 to Weed. May have to do that one of these next trips to the area, but I didn't want to get Mike stranded out a goat trail with a horny sheep fecker molesting the livestock of locals armed to the teeth. That could go badly.

Busta nut joker is a clown

He's gonna ride beemerdon's fjr through our towne

We will ride with him to La pine

to eat ruben sandwitches should be fine

Then we go to rays fer BBQ

busta will moon the crowd before he says adeiu!

:grin: :good:

:finger:

I didn't want to get Mike stranded out a goat trail with a horny sheep fecker molesting the livestock of locals armed to the teeth. That could go badly.

You wanna trade places with him? ;)