Sacramento to Morro Bay (6/6)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we were trying to get to Moss Landing by 11:30, we could probably leave South Sac/Elk Grove at 8 and go over Pacheco Pass, Hollister, etc. and make it fine.
Except my mapsource shows that route as 201 miles vs. 166 miles by going across on 205 to 680 to 17 to Hwy 1.......and almost an hour longer.

And I'm not willing to run along I-5 @ 85-90 mph.

Via Dixon is 211 miles/3:45???
OK. Your logic is iron-clad, especially the part about I-5.

Looks like MM2 (ride planning guru) has a plan.

Meet at Solano Baking Company in Dixon, I80 at Pitt School Rd, for Kickstands up at 9:00am on Friday.

My Cell is 707-372-6477 if your running late. Call and I will tell you how fast you need to go to catch up.

Or just meet us for lunch at Phil's Fish Market & Eatery, 7600 Sandholtd Rd., Moss Landing, CA 95039

So far as I know it will be

Bluestreeks

Hycles

SacramentoMike

MadMike2

flying junior

Who else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Motel sissies all!.......[SIZE=8pt]Why not just trailer the bikes there too?[/SIZE] :lol:
Hey, I'm a hardy camper, you young whippersnapper!

and add "Flying Junior" to the list, speaking of whippersnappers.
You two will never survive a weekend in the Morro wilderness! There'll be raccoons you know. :eek:

Looks like MM2 (ride planning guru) has a plan.
Meet at Solano Baking Company in Dixon, I80 at Pitt School Rd, for Kickstands up at 9:00am on Friday.

My Cell is 707-372-6477 if your running late. Call and I will tell you how fast you need to go to catch up.

Or just meet us for lunch at Phil's Fish Market & Eatery, 7600 Sandholtd Rd., Moss Landing, CA 95039

So far as I know it will be

Bluestreeks

Hycles

SacramentoMike

MadMike2

flying junior

Who else?
flying junior added to the list

Motel sissies all!.......[SIZE=8pt]Why not just trailer the bikes there too?[/SIZE] :lol:
Hey, I'm a hardy camper, you young whippersnapper!

and add "Flying Junior" to the list, speaking of whippersnappers.
You two will never survive a weekend in the Morro wilderness! There'll be raccoons you know. :eek:
WAR raccoons??!!
Teenage mutant Ninja Raccoons??!! :eek:

Walt (Flying Junior) and I are going to take the fast easy route out of Sac and avoid the Bay Area as much as possible. We'll meet at the Shell station on Pocket Road between I-5 and Freeport Blvd tomorrow around 8:00, and be on the road at 8:30. That will give us 3 hours to get to Moss Landing to meet the Hycles and whoever else is there for lunch. We'll cut west at Santa Nella and take 152 over the Pacheco Pass. All welcome of course. See you there, Moss Landing, or Morro Bay!

We'll cut west at Santa Nella and take 152 over the Pacheco Pass. All welcome of course. See you there, Moss Landing, or Morro Bay!
Have a safe trip, hope to see you for lunch at Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing.

MM2 and Bluestreeks, are you still meeting me in Dixon?

Any Bay Area folks able to meet up at lunch?

We'll cut west at Santa Nella and take 152 over the Pacheco Pass. All welcome of course. See you there, Moss Landing, or Morro Bay!
Have a safe trip, hope to see you for lunch at Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing.

MM2 and Bluestreeks, are you still meeting me in Dixon?

Any Bay Area folks able to meet up at lunch?
We are planning on meeting at the Salono Baking Co. about 8:30 in Dixon.

I thought about heading South, but I am going to meet you guys in Dixon....

Group Hugs?!?!?!??????? :rolleyes:

Steve....bring your radio...er...please.

Just got the call from Zac @ Roseville Yamaha. New ignition switch, new ECU, check steering neck - DONE. She's ready.

I'll see you studmuffins at the Solano Baking Co. tomorrow morning.

And remember - leave your dogs at home ----- or else!

untitled-2.jpg

"Stud-muffins"???? :blink:

Glad the bike is finished. Kudos to Zac!

Er...Ryde-meister, El Jeffe, Kommandant Hycle....add one more hooligan to your list of miscreants that Terri will have to babysit tomorrow! :lol: