Saddlebag clip/covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my 2008 FJR for 2 years this month. I didn't know about these covers. Did my dealer not give them to me?
Your bike should have come with the saddle bag liners, three covers for each side and a spare lock cylinder for the trunk. If you did not receive these extras, I would suggest paying the dealer a polite visit and requesting the parts.

--G

I just started running bagless a couple weeks ago and enjoy the handling difference. I rarely carry more than my jacket/under the seat will hold, and plan to get a tail bag anyway. I'm to the point where I'm touching down the sliders on the sides of my Sidi boots fairly often in corners (but not quite the pegs) and decided to try it.

Anyway, I'm running all three covers per side to keep water out of there when I wash the bike, and it looks good. My bike already had the 3M clear protectors installed when I bought it.

I've had my 2008 FJR for 2 years this month. I didn't know about these covers. Did my dealer not give them to me?
I'm with you on that! I have no idea wtf they are talking about.

I've owned my 06 since new and I dont have anything that even looks like a trim piece????????????????

Folks,
I don't have a wide-enough garage to keep the bags on the FJR all the time. I'm thinking of a top case and just riding "scooter style" so I always have storage on the bike for commuting.

The question I have is - do others who typically ride w/o the bags on put the caps on? If so, all three per side? I've been putting the two on top because it cleans up the look of the tail, but what about the one underneath where the bag locks into place? Seems like a good idea to keep the grime out, but I haven't done it yet.

Thoughts?

-Sharif

Just lose them like everyone else. You'll live a much longer and happier life not thinking about which ones are in, if they fell out, or where they are.

Folks,
I don't have a wide-enough garage to keep the bags on the FJR all the time. I'm thinking of a top case and just riding "scooter style" so I always have storage on the bike for commuting.

The question I have is - do others who typically ride w/o the bags on put the caps on? If so, all three per side? I've been putting the two on top because it cleans up the look of the tail, but what about the one underneath where the bag locks into place? Seems like a good idea to keep the grime out, but I haven't done it yet.

Thoughts?

-Sharif
I run with all 6 of mine in. I just like the way it looks with them in. Just be careful because the top ones are marked front and rear. I put one in the wrong hole when I first got them and broke a clip off. I had to order another one and they are like $18.00 each. ouch Since I have the best looking bike of the bunch (the black one) I have to keep it looking good all the time, bags or not. :lol:

Show All

Folks,

Thoughts?

-Sharif

Just lose them like everyone else. You'll live a much longer and happier life not thinking about which ones are in, if they fell out, or where they are.
I like an occasional piece of trim.

Folks,

Thoughts?

-Sharif

I like an occasional piece of trim.
:acute:

You guys made me nervous, so I just did a search, and found the "caps"!! I haven't installed the 3M clear protective film......................I wonder where that stuff is, I'll have to go look again!