Schuberth C3 coming to US?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice that the C3 is lighter. My Concept One used to make my neck ache so I switched to an X11....but that helmet proved to be as noisy as a fright train. I have high hopes for the C3!
But I bet not nearly as loud as
soultrain-1.jpg

I seen ya on there a few times Howie..

Hell I remember walking by your trailer in Gibsonton an laughing my ass off at the crazy guy in there dancing and singing his fool head off..

You and that whiteman afro :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know when I get down yer way we have to take a trip to the old trailer park. ;) think my cousin is running it for me aunt now.

:jester:

Hell I remember walking by your trailer in Gibsonton an laughing my ass off at the crazy guy in there dancing and singing his fool head off.. You and that whiteman afro :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know when I get down yer way we have to take a trip to the old trailer park. ;) think my cousin is running it for me aunt now.

:jester:

Let me answer in a manner you'll understand.....

"YOU BETCHA!"

fukin' cheesehead! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Nieharts helmet, can't remember the brand. Maybe a Schuberth?? Maybe not!

Now we're attacking not only Gerbils, but K-Mart too!

I had a Concept as my first helmet but after a few years of dropping and use I went to replace it, only to find they didn't make a C2 that fits my noggin. I'm assuming the C3 is designed to fit the same pointy Euro skulls as the C2 :(

"upgraded" to a Shoei RF-1000 which was surprisingly much lighter and quieter. I do miss the flip up though. If the C3 fit I'd be sorely tempted when I replace this one, but as it stands now it looks like any replacement will be a RF-1100

The C3 has really been hyped as an excellent helmet, and I have been anxious to try one. Communicating with the Schuberth representatives in California has not been very smooth. You can sign up for their mailing list, but so far they've mailed nothing in my direction.

Since the date they were supposed to have stock to dealers has come and gone, I started pressing to find out if any were actually "out there." It turned out that Schuberth had set up a dealer in Louisville, KY (the Louisville H-D dealer has bought the Louisville BMW dealer, and they got the Schuberth franchise for some territory that must be pretty big).

After calling to confirm that they had L and XL sizes in stock, I drove up there on Friday to check the C3 out.

Well ... these may be really great helmets if they fit your head.... but for me, the C3 defined a new way of not fitting. It did not fit from top to bottom.

The crown was tight in the L and OK in the XL, even though my crown measurement fell in the range of the L.

Both helmets were really pressing on the front of my face.

Neither helmet wanted to close because of interference with my chin.

Neither helmet gave me the impression that it was especially light compared to my other helmets (Shoei MultiTec, Shoei Hornet DS, Shoei RF1100).

I gotta say that the run up to Louisville was a water haul. The C3 is no longer calling my name. I'm really glad I drove to a dealer instead of ordering one over the internet.

I sent them and e-mail and explained that i had bought a C3 in the UK and was wondering where and when i would be able to buy a spare visor and with in 3 days they had send me one for free..........

Thats good customer servicer.

R

I sent them and e-mail and explained that i had bought a C3 in the UK and was wondering where and when i would be able to buy a spare visor and with in 3 days they had send me one for free..........

Thats good customer servicer.

R
The Nolan importer was good about giving free stuff quickly too. These guys have low enough volume that they can be helpful without going bankrupt.

The salesman at the H-D / BMW dealer was very helpful too. I can't fault them in any way. Too bad the helmet geometry is so far away from my head geometry. I think the reality is that I have a Shoei head.

I contacted them via this url

https://www.schuberth.com/us/servicenavigation/contact.html

which I got from the North American option on the German web site.
Thanks. I gave them a call to learn a couple things, so I thought I'd share with y'all.

1) They will be at the Dallas motorcycle show

2) They have a local Schuberth dealer there who they'll be co-hosting with in the booth. Schuberth will have helmets to try and reps to guide for fit. The local dealer will have inventory on hand to sell to those interested. Pricing will be determined by dealer.

3) While they wouldn't give any specific guidance on future dealers in the Houston area. She did say that they are adding dealers at a pretty quick rate and advised me to check back every couple weeks at Dealer Locator.