Scorpion Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have anything to tell me about this https://www.thehelmetsource.com/Scorpion_Helmets.htm line of helmets?
They sure do fit my head good and the riding partner thinks they are okay.....Any experience on you guys part?

Wife and I have been riding with these for a few months. 400 is especially good fit on oval (as viewed from top) head. Comfortable, not-particularly-quiet helmet with a no-fog shield that works.

Haven't had to test mine in a crash, but the fit and finish are great, I like the airflow in the helmet... the faceshield has antifogging built into it, and you can get them at a huge discount to retail through University Motors.

400 here as well. I like it and no fog problems at all ( but it is new ), a little noise ( but I wear plugs ).

The 700 and 400 are essentially the same. The 400 is poly based.

Motorcyclist did a comparison test and the 400 scored a little better than the 700 and it

is cheaper.

They have a 1000 model due next month that is supposed to be lighter and has a internal

flip up sun screen.

I am a long time Arai wearer and now have a 700. It is amazing considering the cost. It is slightly heavier than the Arai, but not a factor for the FJR. It might get a little more tiring riding my R1 but again, not a factor for the FJR. I purposely do not sell clothing, but I might make an exception for the Scorpion but they do not sell to Internet only shops.

Anyone have anything to tell me about this https://www.thehelmetsource.com/Scorpion_Helmets.htm line of helmets?
They sure do fit my head good and the riding partner thinks they are okay.....Any experience on you guys part?
Being an old time rider and set in my ways, I can't stand a full face helmet. If I had to wear one I would quite riding first.

Having said that, I wear one of there EXO 200 helmets. Thats an open face one. It fits good and I like the fact that the speakers mount inside the shell. You can't feel them at all and the sound comes through ok.

I don't particularly like my Scorpion EX400 helmet. At first, I was impressed by the looks and price, but I have found it to be a heavy, non-venting, and noisy helmet. Nor does it compare to the plush lining of my Shoei helmets.

Still, the price is good, and the anti-fog shield does work great - better than any other helmet by far.

When I first bought mine, I though I was through buying high $$$ helmets. Turns out I will NOT be buying anymore Scorpion helmets.

I have the 700. The no fog works great. It's the quietest helmet I own (though my other three are either flip up style or dirt helmets), the aerodynamics are excellent...the head buffeting is non existent. I recommend them.

I also have had a Scorpion 700 helmet for several months. While it may be a good value, it's not the end all in motorcycle helmets by any means. A couple of nits:

• The distance between my chin and the helmet is much narrower than I'm used to (Aria). Makes getting to the bite valve of the hydration system a bit of a challenge.
  • The anti-fog shield is only so-so. Maybe I'm just a heavy breather. ;) But especially in the rain, I find myself having to clean the inside of the shield often to keep it completely fog free.
Would I buy this helmet again? Maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Indianapolis Motorcycle Industry Trade Show, Scorpion showed their new EXO-1000, due for release June/July '07.

The EXO-1000 features a built-in, internal, drop-down sunshield, as well as inflatable cheekpads (a la Reebok Pump). Actually the cheekpads don't inflate, but they have a base bladder, between the pad and the helmet shell, that does. MSRP is scheculed to be in the $299-$309 range for solid colors. Another $10-$20 for graphics.

I don't particularly like my Scorpion EX400 helmet.
There's always a naysayer in every group :p Send it to me, I'll pay shipping.

I love my EXO 400. Never had a foging issue above 22 degrees and then it was more ice than fog.

Great customer service when I had an issue with my photo chromatic shield.

[*]The anti-fog shield is only so-so. Maybe I'm just a heavy breather. ;) But especially in the rain, I find myself having to clean the inside of the shield often to keep it completely fog free.
Have you used anything but soap and water to clean it? That may be the prob. If not contact Scorpion. They sent me a new shield when I found a flaw in the coating

700 here. It's great. Venting works. Relatively light and quiet... esp for the money.

I've never had to clean the inside of the shield in about 15K miles. Heard about guys washing off the fog free coating so I just leave it alone. So far so good. But if I sneeze and sploog it, I won't use windex to clean it. Like Fencer said, just mild soap.. even then I'll just use water... or clean it with Rainx anti fog or something like that.

Two of my daughters wear Scorpion 700's. They both like the fit and I liked the price, since I bought them. Personally, I need a modular and my helmet, a Zeus, is even less expensive. The bottom line is to try one on and buy the helmet that fits you best.

I have the 400 fits my long oval head well and is comfortable (maybe I don't what a good helmet is I won't pay the money for the high end brands). I tried them on and couldn't tell any difference although I have never ridden with the high dollar brands.

I have a CRACKHEAD 700 It's SWEEEET. I tried buying a Shoei or an Arai but couldn't justify the money. The Visor is Superior to both, with ease to change, anti-fog and the PRICE to replace.