SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. All registered. I picked the West Loop, but not set in stone. Would kind of like to see what the collective is doing and choose then. I prefer the West loop as we will probably ride some of the East on the way out Sunday. Oh, and, pace group A, because " This group may pass where space allows more often, which may not coincide with indicated passing zones".
punk.gif
Wow...I also just registered, and also picked the west loop, and pace group A...

guess great minds think alike, or something
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, just try to keep up. OK?
FYB!

you made me say it...

Probably closer to 8-10 with lunch/stops. Some of the groups may choose to shorten the route, and just head back to the hotel for the party in the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The West Loop comes in at 346, with a couple of bail out points that will cut it down to 300ish. Look for the east loop to fall into this same range - 300 to 350 with at least one bail point.

The west loop is set up with a couple of overlap points that will allow a group to chop the mileage down if they need to.

About how long are each of these loops, 100 miles, 200, more?

The West Loop comes in at 346, with a couple of bail out points that will cut it down to 300ish. Look for the east loop to fall into this same range - 300 to 350 with at least one bail point.

The west loop is set up with a couple of overlap points that will allow a group to chop the mileage down if they need to.

About how long are each of these loops, 100 miles, 200, more?
So only half day rides?
rolleyes.gif

Wayne, thanks again for all your work on this. I'm really looking forward to some good curvy riding and meeting some good people too!

Sooze is gonna be out of town the week preceding the Ramble and she will not get home until that Friday evening, so we're gonna head out Saturday morning. We will either slab it to the hotel first thing in the morning, or lolly-gag our way down and meet up with everyone at the hotel on Saturday evening.

Without getting a really early morning start, those routes are gonna' be a longggg day. Even bailing @ a 300 mile day of all twisties is a pretty long day. I think I'm getting old.

And by any chance are routes posted yet? I plan on marking a couple decent bail spots in case I'm not feeling it... which I probably won't be.

& thanks to all that make this possible.

I was thinkin' along the very same lines, Heidi. I ride 300-350 mile days on back roads up here all the time (by myself), but it is always a good, long day. And I usually don't stop for breaks very often by myself, which you are bound to do with a group (pee, smoke, joke, etc...) not to mention the gas and food stops (I usually just don't eat).

Averaging 50 mph on 2-lane back roads requires some diligent effort and persistence. It means going 80 or so quite a bit to make up for the low speed turns and intersections. I don't know if these roads support 80 mph for any length of time, so I've signed up for the "B" pace group, and will try that on for size. Heck, if I wanna bail out to go faster or slower, that is always an option. I just want to have a good time. ;)

Without getting a really early morning start, those routes are gonna' be a longggg day. Even bailing @ a 300 mile day of all twisties is a pretty long day. I think I'm getting old.
And by any chance are routes posted yet? I plan on marking a couple decent bail spots in case I'm not feeling it... which I probably won't be.

& thanks to all that make this possible.
Ditto. I know I'm old! Will probably bail after 200-250 mile marker.

No hillbilly hot dogs for me!

Double down - there's a u-turn planted in my route to turn around about 5 miles from the end and run it backwards back to the hotel...

I'm going ride it all. These roads are too good to pass up

On a serious note -

No- routes are not posted yet. Soon - patience, there's 21 days left, and we have these pesky things called "Jobs" to content with... As soon as I have them uploaded to the server, I'll post it.

We'll take a look at some 200ish mile options as well. Once you see the west loop, you'll see that it's very easy to cut it down with the way Denny has it put together. We'll play out the east loop in a similar manner as well.