SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, Sorreee Wayne, penalty shot for KJ.

1349264908_FF00079.jpg

Waiting very patiently and appreciate all the work put in to make this ramble happens.

Let me make this clear - I am not going to collect the info here manually. I will have a link for each of you who wish to participate to go and submit the info. I don't have the time to cut, paste, polish, etc. This data will be collected via Eventbright, which spits the data out in an excel file.

The intent was for everyone to start thinking about it so when I get the event set up, everyone is set to fill out the info.

Ok here you go Wayne,
Thursday - Ride to Elkins, WV

Friday - Ride in arrive mid to late afternoon(Enjoy parking lot entertainment)

Saturday - Ride whatever loop you want me to and challenge Joe to keep up with me (Enjoy parking lot entertainment)

Sunday - Have a blast riding home
Well it sounded like you were soliciting, so I wanted to be first. There you have it. Do with it what you will. Joe is still going to have to keep up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wig? What wig? Those were my eye brows brushed back.

Started the FJR yesterday for the first time since last October. 09 original battery, sits in a unheated storage shed every winter in north pa. Started first push of the button.

KLR started but took more cranking time.

KTM started second kick.

Super motard won't turn over. Too much compression for a cold morning.

See you all at the parking lot.

Rode today for the first time this year. 11 degrees Celcius (50 F). Heated grips helped. Want to get some saddle time in before the trip in less than 4 weeks. Almost here!

Looking forward to seeing some of you at the Texax Hot Diner in Kane PA for lunch on Thursday and the rest of you in the parking lot in Marietta on Thursday night!

Rode today for the first time this year. 11 degrees Celcius (50 F). Heated grips helped. Want to get some saddle time in before the trip in less than 4 weeks. Almost here!
Looking forward to seeing some of you at the Texax Hot Diner in Kane PA for lunch on Thursday and the rest of you in the parking lot in Marietta on Thursday Friday night!
Fixed it fer ya...
thumbsup.gif

I spent Saturday 4/5 and Sunday 4/6 riding the FSB roads of SE Ohio... in general the roads were not in bad shape... 260 South is closed at 145 (bridge construction) but the detour 565 (freshly paved last year) from 145 down to 260 is lots of fun. 26 is getting a little rough. I had a great time following Denny around on Sunday. We did about 70 miles of the west loop, then shot over to the east on 78, shot down 800 (Sisterville Ferry was closed) and had lunch at Quinet's Court Restaurant, in New Martinsville WV. After lunch we hit Proctor Creek Rd. (another great find of Denny's) then parted ways on 2 in Moundsville WV as it was getting late, I shot up 250 from Wheeling and got home by 6:45. Had a GREAT time...now to get some new tires.

Looking forward to the Ramble.

One thing to keep in mind, Many of us have not done a whole lot of riding this year, and many of the roads in SE Ohio can/will catch you off guard...if this happens, things usually don't end well. So please keep this in mind, and RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE.

Let's all have a safe and fun Ramble next month.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at the Texax Hot Diner in Kane PA for lunch on Thursday and the rest of you in the parking lot in Marietta on Thursday night!
It was supposed to be breakfast (Thurs 10-11am) unless you can't get outta bed in time (or they strip search you at the border)
wink.png

Mike (wnyfjr) maybe riding down w you to meet us NY-gringo's at da'THD?

Breakfast for me will be at 7 before I leave Canuckstan. If the US border guards overlook that little thing that happened in NC last year, I should be there between 10-11am. HA! Sooooooo, technically, this will be lunch for me.
grin.gif
Any company is welcome for the ride in.

Breakfast for me will be at 7 before I leave Canuckstan. If the US border guards overlook that little thing that happened in NC last year, I should be there between 10-11am. HA! Sooooooo, technically, this will be lunch for me.
grin.gif
Any company is welcome for the ride in.
Sounds good, a Timmy's DD's coffee stop for me n Steamer (around Hornell) should shoot us into THD/Kane Pa. around 10am. We are a bit farther away than you, so KSU@6am for us CNYers.

24 Days n counting......

It was supposed to be breakfast (Thurs 10-11am) unless you can't get outta bed in time (or they strip search you at the border)
wink.png

Unfortunately, I won't make the Ramble, but Mike and I will definitely connect for the Memorial Day ride down to Welsboro. Mike, I'll PM you for that as we get closer to the date.

wink.png

Unfortunately, I won't make the Ramble, but Mike and I will definitely connect for the Memorial Day ride down to Welsboro. Mike, I'll PM you for that as we get closer to the date.
Sorry to hear Mike, but I'm glad that you're doing the Memorial Day Run in PA. :)

Event registration is ready - this is to collect emergency contact info and to assist with setting up ride groups. Read the entire Guest Log page here and then use the link on that page to go to the event registration page (it's at Eventbright.com).

The site isn't perfect, but it's gotta do at this point.

Click here >> RAMBLE

Wayne, you rock! I just registered and it looks like I will be solo. Unfortunately, my wife has finals the following week and will have to study instead of having fun riding...

I plan to travel Friday and arrive in the afternoon. Ride the east loop Saturday, ride the west loop Sunday and head home half way through or if I'm having so much fun I can't tear myself away then I'll finish the look then head home that evening.

Anyone coming from or through Indy to get to Marietta?

Oh, I got a ticket, and I'm not even on the bike.

Still looking to share a room and give up the single.

I just registered too. Really good idea collecting the emergency contact info, Wayne. :thumbsup:

I selected routes for the two days will be there (Fri and Sat) but I really don't care which route I run which day and am willing to switch to balance the groups as needed. Just looking to get out and ride some new (to me) roads. I imagine there will be others that feel the same way.

OK. All registered. I picked the West Loop, but not set in stone. Would kind of like to see what the collective is doing and choose then. I prefer the West loop as we will probably ride some of the East on the way out Sunday. Oh, and, pace group A, because " This group may pass where space allows more often, which may not coincide with indicated passing zones".
punk.gif

OK. All registered. I picked the West Loop, but not set in stone. Would kind of like to see what the collective is doing and choose then. I prefer the West loop as we will probably ride some of the East on the way out Sunday. Oh, and, pace group A, because " This group may pass where space allows more often, which may not coincide with indicated passing zones".
punk.gif
Wow...I also just registered, and also picked the west loop, and pace group A...

guess great minds think alike, or something
rolleyes.gif

I'm in the same boat. I picked group C, but have no real preference as to what day I ride which loop. But that wasn't an option.

If it's anything like the last time I went, you run the loop that avoids the rain the most that day.

punk.gif
Wow...I also just registered, and also picked the west loop, and pace group A...

guess great minds think alike, or something
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, just try to keep up. OK?