SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be missing something. It reads that registration is password protected. So, unless I am told what the password is that I'm missing, I won't be registering.

I must be missing something. It reads that registration is password protected. So, unless I am told what the password is that I'm missing, I won't be registering.
Event Registration (Emergency Contact information)We are using Eventbright.com to collect emergency contact information for the Ramble his year. Click on the hyperlink header above, it will take you to the Eventbright.com website. The event password is "ramble". We will post the ride groups here for Friday, Saturday, Sunday; two main groups for each day (East and West Loop). I will only use first names with forum names

Heidi...the double secret password is in the above paragraph.

See, I did miss something! What the hell! You're guessing that none of us have reading comprehension issues! :eek: )

See, I did miss something! What the hell! You're guessing that none of us have reading comprehension issues!
ohmy.png
)
Sheesh...I'm glad you got that figured out, already

Great!! Let's go play in traffic...

How do you think the traffic would be for someone coming into Columbus from the southeast and going to Ironpony at lunchtime on Friday? Saturday?

Just so you know - Ohio University is having graduation on Saturday morning, so traffic in the region to the west could be a bit messy Friday night / Saturday morning.
I would stay off of 33 in either direction..
Lunchtime on Friday shouldn't be any big deal. Evening rush hour getting outta Columbus, though, would be a guaranteed cluster of fucks. I took a little day trip a couple of weeks ago and came back into Columbus on 33 from the south. Coming in to town was no problem at all. The folks heading south, though, had some heavy, stupid traffic. That was around 5:30 pm or so.

Saturday? Who knows... You may hit a bunch of people coming in to town from OU's graduation. It's just hard to predict.

This is good scoop - thanks again! Anyone who ends up needing a tire Saturday will need to account for the traffic...

Lunchtime on Friday shouldn't be any big deal. Evening rush hour getting outta Columbus, though, would be a guaranteed cluster of fucks. I took a little day trip a couple of weeks ago and came back into Columbus on 33 from the south. Coming in to town was no problem at all. The folks heading south, though, had some heavy, stupid traffic. That was around 5:30 pm or so.

Saturday? Who knows... You may hit a bunch of people coming in to town from OU's graduation. It's just hard to predict.

I will be heading out of Pittsburgh on Friday morning, planning on a non-direct route through WV if anyone is interested in joining up.

Phil - The door (and bourbon) will be open Thursday night if you're in the neighborhood.

Wow!

I just converted the gpx files to tomtom itineraries (had to remove some of the points in the full routes due to a limitation of 48 waypoints) and loaded them on my tomtom rider. Going to start packing side cases with goodies/supplies for the weekend of festivities!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is entirely possible that I couldn't be bothered to read enough.

How are groups being assigned? Or are they? I know we picked our skill level and we'll want to ride with people at the same ability. Are there some people already set to be group leaders? 2-ups being clustered together? I really had no preference in what loop I ride which day.

I'll have the GPS files regardless, just wondering if there was something I missed?

Tim - there is some grouping by pace group and loop preference being done - the registration has questions addressing this. I plan to post these This weekend so everyone can get an idea of who has the same idea for pace and loop each day.

I think the first sorting point is which loop you want to ride that day, then gather with others who want to ride that same loop, then sort out into subgroups by pace.

These groups are in no way etched in stone - I expect everyone to make their own decision on who the ride with. The only other thing I'm going to add at this point is to designate areas around the hotel for riders to gather each morning.

This is entirely possible that I couldn't be bothered to read enough.
How are groups being assigned? Or are they? I know we picked our skill level and we'll want to ride with people at the same ability. Are there some people already set to be group leaders? 2-ups being clustered together? I really had no preference in what loop I ride which day.

I'll have the GPS files regardless, just wondering if there was something I missed?

I imported them into my Basecamps "my collection", no extra off-path waypoints and very clean. Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator: