SFO 2017 - Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just found out Lettuce, a band I like, is playing in B'ham at the Avondale Brewing Company Wed 10/25, the night before the SFO opening ceremonies. Anybody in for an early SFO kickoff? Tix are just $20, and I'm guessing there will be beer, so I'll have to Uber or taxi or something to and from the show. Sounds Like a Party to Me!
Craig - my apologies for the belated comment on your post. Just getting in today from an 18 day whirlwind with a few guys (and gals) that started off in Tennessee for the eclipse that ran into North Georgia and NC for a few days, then down to the gulf coast last week. It's been awesome, but I have been completely detached from most all com. BTW - I hope you guys had a great CFO -MOFO!

As for the show at Iron City. I most likely won't be able to make it myself, as I'll need to reserve that evening for any last minute touch ups for the event. But for those that do plan to attend, keep in mind the venue is in downtown Birmingham, approx 45 miles from the Inn of Clanton. My guess is Uber wouldn't even make that run. Should you decide to go to the show, I suggest getting a hotel in or around Birmingham on Wednesday evening then moving to the Inn of Clanton on Thursday (maybe visit Barber on Thursday??).

Turk, Paypal sent for Festar and I.

Thanks BigJohn! Looking forward to seeing you and festar!

As a reminder to everyone else planning on attending, please send $60 (per person) to me via PayPal at [email protected] for the SFO "rally fee" - or just let me know that you'll be bringing cash to the event. If you send money to me via PayPal and it turns out you can't make it I'll gladly refund your money. Just try to let me know at least a week in advance if you can before I begin incurring expenses for the food.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a reminder to everyone else planning on attending, please send $60 to me via PayPal at [email protected] for the SFO "rally fee" - or just let me know that you'll be bringing cash to the event. If you send money to me via PayPal and it turns out you can't make it I'll gladly refund your money. Just try to let me know at least a week in advance if you can before I begin incurring expenses for the food.
I can't remember if I sent this to you... can you remind me if I did or not?? :D

As a reminder to everyone else planning on attending, please send $60 to me via PayPal at [email protected] for the SFO "rally fee" - or just let me know that you'll be bringing cash to the event. If you send money to me via PayPal and it turns out you can't make it I'll gladly refund your money. Just try to let me know at least a week in advance if you can before I begin incurring expenses for the food.
I can't remember if I sent this to you... can you remind me if I did or not?? :D
Yes, darling, you did. In fact, you were the first one to do so. ;)

I can't remember if I sent this to you... can you remind me if I did or not??
biggrin.png
Yes, darling, you did. In fact, you were the first one to do so.
wink.png
I love being Number One!! :D lol

Quick update -
I have confirmed the Friday and Saturday night dinner plans. Friday evening my buddy, Bub's will be preparing the shrimp and corn boil for us again. Also, Alan Barlow will be returning to do some pickin' and grinnin' for us again. I'm still hopeful that he might have his sidekick with him this year. We'll see. Saturday, Stan the BBQ Man and his wife Casey will be smoking the ribs and boston butts for us while we are out riding, again. So if you enjoyed the eats and entertainment last year, get ready for a repeat.

Mrs. Bandit is considering preparing a big pot of her chicken and apple sausage country gumbo for us Thursday evening. I'll ask her to make some of her cornbread for us too. When we get closer I'll have to get a good head count of those that will be in for dinner on Thursday evening. Of course, there will be assorted pies for desert each night.

Only three months out now. If you have made your hotel reservations you might want to go ahead and call the Inn of Clanton. The hotel info is listed in the first post of this thread. As always, any questions just post them up here or shoot me a quick PM.

Count me in as one arriving Thursday late afternoon will be trailering in but staying at hotel. Hope it's okay to leave trailer on the property as I would rather not leave at hotel. Wife will be gone for the duration visiting friends in Birmingham. Also definitely interested in going to Barber Motorsports Museum and Loyd's Restaurant on Friday or Saturday.

Quick update -
I have confirmed the Friday and Saturday night dinner plans. Friday evening my buddy, Bub's will be preparing the shrimp and corn boil for us again. Also, Alan Barlow will be returning to do some pickin' and grinnin' for us again. I'm still hopeful that he might have his sidekick with him this year. We'll see. Saturday, Stan the BBQ Man and his wife Casey will be smoking the ribs and boston butts for us while we are out riding, again. So if you enjoyed the eats and entertainment last year, get ready for a repeat.

Mrs. Bandit is considering preparing a big pot of her chicken and apple sausage country gumbo for us Thursday evening. I'll ask her to make some of her cornbread for us too. When we get closer I'll have to get a good head count of those that will be in for dinner on Thursday evening. Of course, there will be assorted pies for desert each night.

Only three months out now. If you have made your hotel reservations you might want to go ahead and call the Inn of Clanton. The hotel info is listed in the first post of this thread. As always, any questions just post them up here or shoot me a quick PM.

Count me in as one arriving Thursday late afternoon will be trailering in but staying at hotel. Hope it's okay to leave trailer on the property as I would rather not leave at hotel. Wife will be gone for the duration visiting friends in Birmingham. Also definitely interested in going to Barber Motorsports Museum and Loyd's Restaurant on Friday or Saturday.

Hey DS! Glad to hear that you will be making it this year! Feel free to leave your trailer at the property. No problem at all!

Anytime before the weekend? Hoping to be down there in the early part of the week as I need to leave no later than the 30th. I'd like to ride a couple of the loops too so don't want to cut the Barber visit short. That said if we can pick a day for Barber that works for you and/or others I'd think that would make for a great day.

Anytime before the weekend? Hoping to be down there in the early part of the week as I need to leave no later than the 30th. I'd like to ride a couple of the loops too so don't want to cut the Barber visit short. That said if we can pick a day for Barber that works for you and/or others I'd think that would make for a great day.
Let's do it Friday

Let's do it Friday
It's a plan! Starting to really look forward to this. (I'll start practicing my Sena can-you-hear-me-now routine.
tonguesmiley.gif
)

So I just found out Lettuce, a band I like, is playing in B'ham at the Avondale Brewing Company Wed 10/25, the night before the SFO opening ceremonies. Anybody in for an early SFO kickoff? Tix are just $20, and I'm guessing there will be beer, so I'll have to Uber or taxi or something to and from the show. Sounds Like a Party to Me!
Got my ticket for the Lettuce show. Anyone else in? I'll get a hotel room in Bham, then swing over to Barber on Thursday, and Jemmison on Thursday evening. PayPal on the way, Turk.

Got confirmation of the Friday off, so I'll be getting there in time for gathering beer and getting a shower (in that order). I'll get PP sent shortly, Turk. Looking forward to it!

I thought so too, Tyler. Although that list contains several things that wouldn't be of interest to me, many might be of interest to someone else. However, since the list takes one "oddity" from each of the 67 counties in Alabama many of them wouldn't be something you could ride to during SFO anyway. Maybe on your way to or from, but not on a day ride from Jemsion and still get back in time for the evening festivities. Either way, there's some interesting stuff on the list (at least to me) fairly nearby or in and around the areas many of us will be riding.

Here's another list that I posted at the end of the first post in this thread - five of the seven are well within day ride range of Jemison.

https://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2016 ... s_you.html

If any of these things pique anyone's interest and you need help putting together a nice day route just let me know. I can handle that for you and throw in suggestions for lunch or other POI's along the way.