SFO 2017 - Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you please add Me as a possible. I won't know for certain until the end of the month. This is one event I've wanted to attend since my first contact with a few members in Arkansas back in 2014. Turk, Craig etc.BigJohn is also a possible.

Crossing my fingers

Festar
Hope this works out, Festar!

Me too Craig,

I'm sure I owe you a beer or pie or both.

Put Festar and I in the "We're going to ffing be there Column"

Festar and I will be leaving Memphis, Rossville Actually, on October 14th, taking the Scenic route to Daytona for Biketoberfest, then making a leisurely transit to Jemmison for the festivities. We plan on leaving Jemmison on Sunday for Memphis. Looking forward to meeting new friends and old ones. Looking for interesting things to do and interesting people to do them with October 14-16 and 23-26. Wahoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Put Festar and I in the "We're going to ffing be there Column"
Festar and I will be leaving Memphis, Rossville Actually, on October 14th, taking the Scenic route to Daytona for Biketoberfest, then making a leisurely transit to Jemmison for the festivities. We plan on leaving Jemmison on Sunday for Memphis. Looking forward to meeting new friends and old ones. Looking for interesting things to do and interesting people to do them with October 14-16 and 23-26. Wahoo!
So reading between the lines, your flying and renting a bike, riding down to work the Memphis shades booth at Daytona, and then hitting SFO?

You have me thinking now.

There is no way it is in my playing cards but it would be an epic ride to hit Hooterville in West plains MO 12th - 15th, work my down to visit my son for a few days in Fort Lauderdale, pick up with you and Fester on the 23, ride to SFO and then ride North with you guys as far as Memphis. Maybe if I skip EOM it might be doable. My original plan of OEM in Wytheville & back to ND, followed by Hooterville two weeks later & back to ND, followed by SFO two weeks later doesn't sound nearly as smart as one long Hooterville / SFO ride.

Put Festar and I in the "We're going to ffing be there Column"Festar and I will be leaving Memphis, Rossville Actually, on October 14th, taking the Scenic route to Daytona for Biketoberfest, then making a leisurely transit to Jemmison for the festivities. We plan on leaving Jemmison on Sunday for Memphis. Looking forward to meeting new friends and old ones. Looking for interesting things to do and interesting people to do them with October 14-16 and 23-26. Wahoo!
So reading between the lines, your flying and renting a bike, riding down to work the Memphis shades booth at Daytona, and then hitting SFO?You have me thinking now.There is no way it is in my playing cards but it would be an epic ride to hit Hooterville in West plains MO 12th - 15th, work my down to visit my son for a few days in Fort Lauderdale, pick up with you and Fester on the 23, ride to SFO and then ride North with you guys as far as Memphis. Maybe if I skip EOM it might be doable. My original plan of OEM in Wytheville & back to ND, followed by Hooterville two weeks later & back to ND, followed by SFO two weeks later doesn't sound nearly as smart as one long Hooterville / SFO ride.
Kevin,

Both our FJR's are being conveyed and stored in Memphis at the end of Sturgis for us to fly into Memphis early October, pick up our bikes then ride to Daytona. After Daytona ride to SFO then return to Memphis and fly out of Memphis. Solves 2 problems, stores our bikes over winter and easy access or both rallies.

Your epic tide sounds your perfect solution though would be nice to do EOM.

Why not include EOM, Brian?
Would love to Joe but just a bit too much time between EOM and SFO. I've already been here 3 months, my excuse to attend SFO is the Daytona Biketoberfest.

I'm thinking next year to come out later, do Sturgis and stay till Daytona then hopefully I will be here foe EOM 2018.

Days off confirmed, have tent will travel.
evil.gif

Festar and BigJohnSD booked at the "Inn of Clanton" looking especially forward to a day at Barber Motorsports Museum

Festar don't plan but I do, trying to figure out how best to get from Daytona to Jemmison. Leaving Daytona on Monday morning, arriving Jemmisob on Thursday? Friends or new friends along the way😁

I may be able to swing this but my schedule is a bit whacked right now. If I come I'll be bringing a tent and I'll let you know, possibly just the week before. Who knows, maybe I'll tag along with festar and bigjohnsd on their way from Daytona.

So I just found out Lettuce, a band I like, is playing in B'ham at the Avondale Brewing Company Wed 10/25, the night before the SFO opening ceremonies. Anybody in for an early SFO kickoff? Tix are just $20, and I'm guessing there will be beer, so I'll have to Uber or taxi or something to and from the show. Sounds Like a Party to Me!

So I just found out Lettuce, a band I like, is playing in B'ham at the Avondale Brewing Company Wed 10/25, the night before the SFO opening ceremonies. Anybody in for an early SFO kickoff? Tix are just $20, and I'm guessing there will be beer, so I'll have to Uber or taxi or something to and from the show. Sounds Like a Party to Me!

A ride back? I'm sure you'll come up with something. Or ask Cav. I hear he's got a knack for it.

DB31C4ED-BD4D-453B-A91C-9F70A322291E_zpsss617pcu.jpg

pogranichnik.gif