SFO Fall Freakout Registration is Open!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo...
Whats the cutoff for signing up?

Go ahead and pencil me in, As i would like to make it... But cant guaranty it yet.
We usually cut it off 1 week out, so September 28 it is. Extra rooms will be given back after that. Hope that gives everyone enough time!

It's that time. Registration is now open. The web site is updated. Let's get ready to ride!
[SIZE=18pt]SFO Fall Freakout[/SIZE]

(Be still my beating heart!)
Hello Bounce, I was hoping that after I got back from cfo in custer that i could make it down there for sfo. However the wife said no, which was strange because she never says no. Then I find out that she had bought me 10 laps around kansas city raceway for that weekend for my birthday. So I'll have to pass this year, was hoping to meet my southern fjr brethren. Hope you guys and gals have great weather and a safe trip there and back. Maybe next year. Stan

We'll miss you folks that can't make it this time 'round... until the first curve in the road or the first steak dinner. :p

Time is getting close! The weather has turned and is no longer scorching hot. With the wet year we've had the colors should be excellent when they turn!

I talked to hotel last night. Since this looks to be a more intimate gathering, I gave back some of the rooms we won't be needing. We still have 4 King nonsmoking rooms and 3 King smoking rooms in our block. Please call and ask for Brandon and mention the FJR riders group to get the group rate. Brandon usually works evenings.

:blink: Thank you Michele and Mark for all your hard work. Hopefully Michele's bosses will give her the time off so she can make the Fall gathering. I just finished putting my October flight schedule together so I duly called Brandon and reserved a room for myself staying nights of the 5th, 6th and 7th and departing on the 8th.

Sorry I couldn't even begin to commit myself until the flight bid runs were completed today @ 1300.\

Now my question is this: Is anyone leaving from the DFW area on the morning of the fifth? Hoping to hook up with some people as I did last year for the fall event. Is there a rallye point (last year it was a Shell gas station where nine or ten of us met)? If so where and what time?

Scott

To make it up there in less time this year, I will be taking the Cannonball Express straight through with only stops for gas. I won't post my target average speed but suffice it to say it will be at least that of the last couple of hours of last year (when everyone said that I got quicker as the day got longer). The route will be the boring way and the stops for photo ops or anything other than gas will be nonexistant. It will, by neccessity, be an "everyone for themselves" ride with everyone picking a route and pace that they are comfortable using and no one being a "lead" or "tail gunner".

Don't forget your paper maps and highlighters.

Hey Foggy or DonRoger1, I noticed DonRoger1 is from Denton which I will be driving through on 380 from Decatur and Foggy is in North Texas (but where?) maybe we can get together or are all of you going the Lone Ranger Route as Bounce is?

Scott

We need to check in on Mr Don Roger. Last I heard, he had hurt his hand and was unsure if he'll be able to make it. Hopefully its healing well and he can ride in time!

I just looked at this event. Wish that I had looked earlier. I would've liked to attend this event. Maybe next year in the spring?

Heidi

There's still time. Check out the steps, send in the e-mail to the "Contact Us", call the host hotel for reservations. YOU STILL HAVE TIME!

I would've needed to schedule time off of work for this. It's too late for me to do that part. I never looked at the mileage before... but pretty sure that it'd take me an overnighter to get down there & another overnighter to get back home. (I'm from Norfolk, VA)

Just attending EOM, my extra money is tapped, too. I need to make plans in advance of an event like this.

Thanks Bounce, maybe I can meet ya'll in the spring?

Heidi

I would've needed to schedule time off of work for this. It's too late for me to do that part. I never looked at the mileage before... but pretty sure that it'd take me an overnighter to get down there & another overnighter to get back home. (I'm from Norfolk, VA)
Just attending EOM, my extra money is tapped, too. I need to make plans in advance of an event like this.

Thanks Bounce, maybe I can meet ya'll in the spring?

Heidi
Heidi, Russelville is abt 700 miles from JoCy, TN via the I-40 slab...if that helps.

I'm booked at the motel, arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. At first Brandon said he only had smoking rooms left, but he took another look and found me a non-smoking single.

We've been lucky with the weather during previous gatherings, and I hope that luck holds. See y'all there!

dbx

We need to check in on Mr Don Roger. Last I heard, he had hurt his hand and was unsure if he'll be able to make it. Hopefully its healing well and he can ride in time!
Got the stitches out today. Looks like heck but seems to work.

Missed a ride two weeks ago but don't plan on missing this one.

I do plan to ride to Broken Bow on Thursday evening. (My Daughter lives there)

If that doesn't work out, I'll look for a Friday departure point.

Hey Foggy or DonRoger1, I noticed DonRoger1 is from Denton which I will be driving through on 380 from Decatur and Foggy is in North Texas (but where?) maybe we can get together or are all of you going the Lone Ranger Route as Bounce is?
Scott
Hi Scott, just noticed your post (haven't been on in a while). I'm in Flower Mound so if you wanted to ride up together maybe we could meet somewhere around 380 and 75.

None of you know just how much I'd like to be there, however, my wife wants to take a trip to Branson that same weekend due to the fact that it's a holiday for us. So, I have to strike while the iron is hot. That's right...I'm sure to get lucky. Those of you that have been married a while will agree that luck plays a little part in it sometimes. Anyway, if anything changes, I'll make a last ditch effort, but it looks like I'll have to pass this time.

Scott
Hi Scott, just noticed your post (haven't been on in a while). I'm in Flower Mound so if you wanted to ride up together maybe we could meet somewhere around 380 and 75.
:blink: Hello Foggy,

Sounds good to me. We can finalize a gas station to meet (Shell Gas Station again?) at in a couple of days.

My question to you is do we interstate slab it for speed and time or do we take a more scenic and leisurely route?

Just wondering so I can begin to research routes and start programing the Garmin GPS unit. I'm home the next couple of days, but will be running about getting the motorcycle in for scheduled maintenance and new pair of tires. Friday I start another stretch of flights.

Scott

Hello all,

I will be back this year. I'm not staying at the Best Western though. They only had 1 smoking room left. I didn't want a smoking room so I booked a room across the interstate at the Days Inn. I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon and departing on Sunday.

It looks like a few others will be arriving on Thursday as well... I'll ride over to the Best Western on Thursday when I get there and see if anyone has arrived yet.

See everyone there,

BeardO :)