• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Shad Topcase Group / Self Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunDog

Reaction score
All,

Time to get that topcase you have been looking for! Cosmopolitan Motors is the exclusive importer for SHAD topcases. Mike Cappi tells me that despite the previous rumors, they are still actively stocking and selling these cases. In talking with him today, he is willing to make some a volume deal to move inventory before they move into a new building next month. So, we collectively got creative to offer the forum some heavy discounts:

Here is the deal:

1. Volume: We need a minimum of 10 orders in order to get this pricing. If you want one, call Mike Cappi at Cosmo at 800-523-2522, mention FJRForum SHAD Group Buy, and give him your information. When he counts 10, they'll ship!

2. Pricing:

SH46:

SH46 - Topcase .................................. $190 + free UPS GND shipping

NAD06 - Brakelight kit ........................ $25.50

DOR150 - Backrest kit ........................ $25.50

YOFJ31ST - Mount bracket for '01-'05 .... $50

YOFJ16ST - Mount bracket for '06-'07 .... $50

SH48:

SH48 - Topcase .................................. $250 + free UPS GND shipping

NAD03 - Brakelight kit ........................ $25.50

DOR130 - Backrest kit ........................ $25.50

YOFJ31ST - Mount bracket for '01-'05 .... $50

YOFJ16ST - Mount bracket for '06-'07 .... $50

Note: The Universal Mount Plate with wing clips is included with the topcase. The mount brackets sbove provide a more custom (and stronger?) mount to your existing OEM rack without using the wing clips. It looks like many have used the wing clips alone successfully, so this is your choice.

You will note that this is roughly a $75 savings on the SH48 OTD - pretty damn good, IMO.

3. Bonus: Mike would really like to get SHAD and Cosmo's name out to other forums, so anybody who successfully turns on another forum to him and 3 orders or more are placed through it, the referrer will get a free topcase! Make sure to post up that the purchaser needs to mention your name in order for the referral to count.

4. Communication. If you have any questions, you can respond here or send me a PM. I will not be handling your information or $$, as you will place the orders directly through Mike (that's why it is technically a self buy). I don't have any affiliation with Cosmopolitan Motors, so I cannot make any guarantees, but Mike and I got to talking and crafted this deal. He seems like a straight up guy who wants to do business, so I expect this to be a good experience, which is consistent with reports from others who have bought from them.

-BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Questionable sales personality on the other end of the phone. Your mileage may

Nice effort. But I am not sure that Cosmo are the 'exclusive' importers of Shad. I know of another in the US. And the price you quoted here is what I paid.

I do like the referral award tho'!!!

Nice effort. But I am not sure that Cosmo are the 'exclusive' importers of Shad. I know of another in the US. And the price you quoted here is what I paid. I do like the referral award tho'!!!
I think they are the exclusive importer, the other dealers buy from them. At least that's the way it used to be.

I communicated with Mike, and the offer stands as is. I think it is important that nobody gets wrapped around the axle about a previous one-off sale. Sometimes prices go up, sometimes they go down. Ever buy an airline ticket? In the other thread, it was noted by bryanj in July that prices would be going up. Not surprising seeing how weak the dollar has gotten over the EU (new record yesterday)...

The bottom line is this is still a great deal. You cannot get a box of this quality for anywhere near the price. I am still placing my order and going forward with this purchase. I hope you do to so we reach the minimum volume.

Again, I have no affiliation, just trying to help the board, so if you don't want to participate, that's cool. If you do, act now so we can collectively save some ca$h.

BTW, here are some pictures from the board to help spark your interest:

From rangerk9 (painted 48):

P1000726.jpg

P1000731.jpg

From Herkypilot (46):

IMG_0466.jpg

From BuilderBob (48):

Right.JPG

Open.JPG

Full%20Side%20Shot.JPG

There are plenty others, do a search for 'SHAD'.

-BD

How about a pic. of the shad mounting bracket on an GenII bike without the box on?

I'm wondering if the mounting bracket is functional without the box on.

- Nik

That's a pretty good deal from Cosmo. Adventure Moto will be more expensive. They said they buy their cases from Cosmo - so enter the middle (middle) man to tack on a few more $$$. I had to pay for shipping so that was another $20 or so and a few more for accessories. Here are two pics - one is of the alum bracket you can buy which mounts over the stock rack, then the Shad braket to this. I'm not sure if this is the same rack as mentioned above, but Adventure moto sells this as an extra base plate that you can mount the steel plate that comes with the box. The plastic bracket mounts to the steel plate with 3 screws. Adventure Moto said he sold this for about $120! :blink: If its the same as above, its definately a deal for $50! I would consider it so as to do away with the 4 wing brackets that clamp on to the stock tail rack.

************MAY NOT BE THE SAME BRACKET AS ABOVE *********************

FJRAlu_rack.jpg

Here are pics with the included bracket clamped to the stock tail rack.

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Herkypilot

************MAY NOT BE THE SAME BRACKET AS ABOVE *********************
That is an SW-Motech rack, the SHAD specific rack is not as high tech. As suggested, a search will yield up lots of pics, including the SHAD rack.

Mike was gracious enough to send my case. Nice piece! Mounted up in 10 minutes, solid as a rock. Need to do the brakelight.

I really shouldn't care, but since this is my first Self Buy, I think my feelings are getting hurt people aren't all over this thing like stank on shat. :cry:

I hope more people can benefit from this deal, and make me feel good for getting it together, even if there has been better prices previously.

Therefore, I must say, "BUMP!!!!" :clapping:

-BD

Mike was gracious enough to send my case. Nice piece! Mounted up in 10 minutes, solid as a rock. Need to do the brakelight.
I really shouldn't care, but since this is my first Self Buy, I think my feelings are getting hurt people aren't all over this thing like stank on shat. :cry:

I hope more people can benefit from this deal, and make me feel good for getting it together, even if there has been better prices previously.

Therefore, I must say, "BUMP!!!!" :clapping:

-BD

was there any quote on a Shad 50

Did you call Mike to see if he would add it? The 50, that is?
-BD

I called Mike and he was happy to put an sh50 on Backorder for me on this GB. He was unable to supply a price but stated he would work an appropriate price once he knows what they cost him.

If anyone buys the SH48 and the light kit, can I buy your top center reflector for a reasonable price plus S&H. PM me for details. The light kit replaces the stock reflector.

If anyone buys the SH48 and the light kit, can I buy your top center reflector for a reasonable price plus S&H. PM me for details. The light kit replaces the stock reflector.
A moment for clarification:The 'refelctor' on the 48 litre box, is actually cut and a panel of the reflector card is removed to accept the brake light assembly. The reflector card is not removed 'whole'.

So...the light kit does not 'replace' the reflector entirely.

A moment for clarification:The 'refelctor' on the 48 litre box, is actually cut and a panel of the reflector card is removed to accept the brake light assembly. The reflector card is not removed 'whole'.

So...the light kit does not 'replace' the reflector entirely.

Sounds like it wont work then. Never Mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.