Shooting guns from the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked to see if this link had been posted here, I didn't find it.
So here it is, enjoy!

https://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=p31Uu536WQA
Its a sobering video. It makes you wonder what they're prepping for. Shooting sports are a passion of mine too, so in the sense that the video illustrates the start of something that could be a triathalon style event, is OK with me.

But I have a few observations. First, if these guys are really prepping for confrontation with gun toting criminals, its hard to believe that they will fare that well when the target is shooting back. These guys are totally exposed and they present a fairly large, relatively slow moving target. I hope they are also preparing evasive measures to avoid getting hit themselves. Easy pickin's from my view.

Second, the two up confrontation seems stupid too. If the rider is hit, they're both neutralized. Big, slow moving, totally exposed target again.

I'd almost think that they'd be better off learning how to steer their FJR directly into the criminal... really take him down, and shock the begeezus out of him like a deer in the headlights. Freeze him so he forgets to draw.

I think this would be fun as an olympic event, and it looks like it would be a neat way to spend time pretending you were doing serious police work.

I wouldn't worry about it, they're French. I'm surprised they are actually shooting guns. Maybe they are practicing shooting while riding so that they can shoot as they flee.