Signs of Spring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CLICKY

SpringPeeper%20frog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being stuck behind one of these:
webpic1.jpg
That scenario right there presents a small challenge of sorts. I so love sucking their headlights out on the way past doing warp speed.

& signs of spring... I hear birds in my backyard that I don't hear in the winter. That and the hundreds of Dafodils in my yard are bustin' open.

One thing I will say about Colorado riders.If it's a sunny weekend day, 50 degrees or more there are more mc riders than just about anywhere. I have been to a lot of the warmer areas and many times hardly see a biker. So it's not too bad here for a snow state!

I figure this weekend, here in Eastern NC, it will be exploding with leather vests and doo-rags since the temps should reach 70. Seems like 55 degrees (and sun) or so is the cutoff around here...last Sunday was great weather, but 54 and cloudy, and I ran into only a couple bikes the whole 5 hour tour (no Hardleys), lol. This weekend should be an eye-opener...

That scenario right there presents a small challenge of sorts. I so love sucking their headlights out on the way past doing warp speed.
& signs of spring... I hear birds in my backyard that I don't hear in the winter. That and the hundreds of Dafodils in my yard are bustin' open.
My riding buddies nicknamed my FJR the "supersonic couch", but even at supersonic speeds i have trouble passing the groups around here sometimes. They will get to be 30+ bikes on a two lane, which is too many to pass at once, and they ain't letting you in. What with all that ATGATT gear on, we could be terrorists underneath.

Just to keep it on topic:

My personal spring sign: "Egg Man"

IMG_2734.JPG

Looking out the back door today I watch a flight of four white swans begin their take off run on the far side of the lake.

3 are just about airborne and I'm thinking this is really pretty when the fourth one just balls up and crashes back into the water. :eek:

I figure he must have hit a submerged ice flow as we're probably 4/5's clear of ice now. He swam around for a few minutes folding and unfolding his wings then made a successful 2nd launch. The other 3 were just circling back and I'd swear they were laughing.

Spring probably can't come soon enough for him. :lol:

I know it is spring when the folks in the trailer park down the road unplug their outside christmas lights.............
Hey! I just took mine down yesterday :rockwoot: .

Daffodils are blooming, redbuds are getting ready for their subtle show, and the damn grass has gone from brown to green.

Need to get my lawn boy scheduled. Oh, wait, I'm my own lawn boy. Will soon be pushing that infernal contraption around and creating mayhem with the weed whacker.

Yup, spring is upon us.

Robins - check

Geese - check

HD guy at work who was wearing pirate gear - check!

spring has sprung!

Looking out the back door today I watch a flight of four white swans begin their take off run on the far side of the lake. 3 are just about airborne and I'm thinking this is really pretty when the fourth one just balls up and crashes back into the water. :eek:

I figure he must have hit a submerged ice flow as we're probably 4/5's clear of ice now. He swam around for a few minutes folding and unfolding his wings then made a successful 2nd launch. The other 3 were just circling back and I'd swear they were laughing.

Spring probably can't come soon enough for him. :lol:
Idiot bird forgot to retract his sidestand.

Latest posts