Single Best Farkle Ever - what have you added that you rate as #1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my 2007 its the PCIII

I installed a PC III in my 2007 FJR last week and it now runs like it should before the EPA and the Clean Air act.

Smooth, strong ---

Abrupt throttle GONE

Vibration at 3500rpm GONE

Gas mileage 44mpg avg

Wallet LIGHTER

Life is good, time to ride.

Jim

2003 motor in my 2004. Hands down, best farkle EVAH!
I call bullsh1t on this. An engine is a series of farkles flying in tight formation... not a single farkle.

Unless you're talking meta physically, then I might be able to see your point... :D

I mean, who hasn't thought of bolting a piston to the frame as a slider? I ask you, how cool would that be?!

I refuse to answer on the bases it may incriminate me. ;) I might be a little bias.

Anyway, not that I have a lot of farkles but:

Safety: PCIII ( I got tired of stalling in the middle of intersections without one, hasn't happened since it was installed )

Garmin 660 so far is the favorite. I don't get lost anymore and I also get to listen to my tunes. LIFE IS GOOD!

#1 Rick Mayer seat

#2 GPSuspension front and rear

#3/4/5/6 (of roughly equal importance) Throttlemeister/Rifle Jumbo/Helibar risers/Rifle tuning block

It is close, but if I had to decide, it would not be one of these farkles:

-Russell seat

-Centech fuse panel

-Highway blaster horns

-HID lights

-MC Cruise

-Hot Grips

-Starcom1

-Garmin 660

-Cee Bailey's shield

-Hyperlites

-Heli Triple Tree

-Powerlet outlets

-Wynpro kickstand pad enlarger

-Yamaha top box

- G2 Throttle tube

- Manic Salamander bar ends

- Black reflective decals on side cases

Nope, it wouldn't be any of those. But I certainly would miss any one of them.

My number one farkle is:

My Power Commander 5. Bike is so much smoother now. For me, it is easier to accelerate out of the slow speed turns (lots of those by me). Less jerky. I was seriously considering selling this bike before I got the PC5. Not anymore.

Next up I have the Clearwater LEDs on order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Number 1 has to be the Crampbuster... followed closely by 1a: Throttlemeister and 1b: G2 throttle cam. The Crambuster is by far the best six bucks I ever spent on a motorcycle accessory

#2 would be the Corbin saddle... some folks hate 'em, but I'm very happy with mine.

after that it's a wash ... Autocom, GPS, Cal-Sci screen, Wild Bill pegs, outlets for heated gear, etc, etc, etc...

and none of the electrical stuff would work at all without the Blue Sea aux fuse panel.

Griff

Not a farkle, but Ashe's suspension adjustments have made the most difference of any change to my bike. If you haven't considered, see this. clicky --I liked it before, but these changes result in dramatic handling/cornering improvements.

A close second is cruise control--all day comfort on long stretches.

Third is a AHAMAY touring screen with spacers. Works well for me.

Zumo 550 bluetoothed to IPhone and in helmet headset
So, which brand bluetooth headset are you using? Does it allow you to talk on your Iphone?
I have two helmets with diff bluetooth headsets...

1) mono, cheapest Scala Rider

2) Motorola HS830 headset - mono as well

above are a speaker in the left ear

I also have a wireless alarm speaker from the Adaptiv GPS in the right ear

I prob like the Scala Rider a bit more as it's speaker is wafer thin...the motorola is substantially thicker

Yes, I can answer and make calls through the IPhone

The GPS also talks it's directions through the headset, as well

Some get a sterio headset (Scala Rider makes other flavors...FM radio, two speakers, passenger intercom, bike to bike) and play tunes off a SD card from the Zumo...also there's XM with or without traffic reports

I just play a MP3 through the J&M to J&M speaker headsets

yes, yes, my helmet contains four total speakers

I mean, who hasn't thought of bolting a piston stebel air horn to the frame as a slider? I ask you, how cool would that be?!
3469318274_7c3cf1ea54.jpg

Wilbers Suspension - rear shock and front springs - but this was on the first model with very soft suspension (Superbrace worked well with this too).

Carbon Fibre Tank Protector - I add this to my 2 new bikes the week I took delivery. Still looks as good today as when I put it on 8 years ago (Geelong Carbon Craft)

Givi Top Box - plenty of use.

My decals on the bags...makes it look faster.... :bb:

I guess I would have to say my corbin seat and a close first is the cruise!

Releasing the throttle spring isn't a Farkle. It's correcting a factory mistake.

A tie; AVCC and Day-Long.

Have only 3 hours on the Day-Long so far; It will probably move into sole possession of first place as the miles and hours collect.

Gerbings...on any bike..added months to the riding season. Coldest I've ever been is on a bike..