SkooterG munches Playa dust!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Scoot sorry to hear you crashed your CR-YZ FJR. At least it was in the dirt and not on the pavement. I did the same thing (but on a quad) in Feb. and they had to put a plate on the bone. It felt great and I lifted too much the first month and "BENT" the plate (no kidding; I have x-rays). They had to take the first plate out and put in a straight one. Don't do that.

I don't know how fast you were going but I collapsed both lungs (ruptured both lungs) at 55MPH in the sand.

Don't over do that collar bone. It does take some time to set even though it feels pretty good.

These things happen all too quick don't they? Heal fast and follow the Doctor's orders (as much asyou can).

Get well soon, SkooterG
+ 2

Rog & Debs
+3

Get well soon Skoot!!

Just picked up on this thread, I am attending a conference all week and don't have much time to ck in...but I am making the time at leat once a day.

Hate to hear about any accident of any kind, I'm glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it was...still hurts just thinking about it.

Well, sorry to hear about His Skootness. Seems he should have doing

p31B.jpg
in the sand instead of
rocksolid-indian-air.JPG

Maybe now he'll sit still long enough to get laid.

Heal fast............ :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I was trying to avoid. :D I can hear the painful callouts from here. :(
Those two twenty-something lady Burners seemed quite intrigued with our various White Pine Fever shirts too. You exercised great self control my friend.

If Skooter had busted his wing earlier he could have TOTALLY played the sympathy, nurturing thing with those hippies.

Get well soon and don't do anything stupid that will interfere with proper mending. After breaking my collar bone, I acted like an idiot and was back on the bike ( cast and all ) a week later. As a result, my broken collar bone healed in an " overlap " position which threw off my body geometry.....I now hit all my golf shots 13 degrees to the right.

This is what I was trying to avoid. :D I can hear the painful callouts from here. :(
Those two twenty-something lady Burners seemed quite intrigued with our various White Pine Fever shirts too. You exercised great self control my friend.

If Skooter had busted his wing earlier he could have TOTALLY played the sympathy, nurturing thing with those hippies.
... Wait a minute... young hippie's chicks showing love for WPF shirt's?! Where was I when this was happening?! Oh you guys are soo fired as wingmen.... were they cute?

... Wait a minute... young hippie's chicks showing love for WPF shirt's?! Where was I when this was happening?! Oh you guys are soo fired as wingmen.... were they cute?
I was sitting at the bar, had one of them ask me what WPF was and I gave her a pretty straight answer. I only was about two drinks into the evening...and she was kinda cute. It is Gerlach after all. Just like trying to judge speed and distance on the playa.....judging cuteness is this remote oasis is VERY subjective. She definitely sticked in and out in the right spots.

Moved over to conveniently sit nearer them because Paul coincidentally sat down over there. This is my lame half-assed method for moving in.

Asked her a few questions about how BM went and she seemed more intent on telling me like I had never been to event before (which I have) so I think I was coming off as a 38 year old horny letch more than a guy genuinely interested in making her acquaintance.......or one that she wanted to demonstrate any flimsy moral standards with.

Doug sat down and they seemed to leave shortly thereafter. (No accusations that there was a cause and effect there)

At that point I was chastised by Skooter for not closing the deal and I ordered another Tequila Sunrise.

We know how the rest of the evening went.

In your haste to get over to the playa saturday night, you also missed the hotty who I gave a ride on the back of my bike, and it was here first time. I popped her riding cherry good and proper! :D

In your haste to get over to the playa saturday night, you also missed the hotty who I gave a ride on the back of my bike, and it was here first time. I popped her riding cherry good and proper! :D
And I'm sure Art had to miss that one. He's gonna be seriously pissed.

Curious. Torn t-shirt in the middle front? If so, same one. If I remember, her friend was kinda cute too with a bunch of hairspray and frosted tips.

Or was she wearing some sort of kinda-leopard-print wrap? If so, another one at the bar when I first came in and bought a pack of cigarettes. That one scared and excited me at the same time.

All players mentioned are forum members right here! Sounds to me like the FJR Boyz know how to take care of their own! B)
Yeah, we did. And so did Tom (great BMW guy) and think something Philips? I got the distinct feeling that as I was drifting off to sleep at about 1 a.m. that they were probably still enroute to Reno and when I saw Tom again at 9 a.m. or so...that he didn't get much if any sleep.

That's a great group of folks Warchild. Hobart even did a mini-accident scene investigation to reconstruct the physics of this stunt.

If you're gonna auger into the playa.....I can't think of another group I'd rather splat in front of ;)
I believe the other person was Jeff Fisher. - also a beemer rider, but we rode into Gerlach together (well... he was sort of BEHIND me) and was caught looking at the bike with lustful eyes, more than once. At least I think it was the bike.

Can you guys imagine what kind of posts SkooterG will post on Vicodin? :blink:
Yeah...Skooter-dot. :dribble:

Here I keep warning you guys about pavement-diving, do you listen....Noooope. Okaaay, playa-diving is spelled differently, but the results are the same.

Here is SkooterG riding the playa approaching ludicrous speed.

Listen to Skooter say, "Oh Dayang, I'm crashing my FJR again!"

Hear Skooter's thoughts, "This isn't happening, its a dream. Dang, that hurt my knee. Fly, baby, fly. Here comes the ground...this isn't going to be good. Tuck and roll, tuck and roll. Oowwww!"

Skooter, quit using that arm. The drugs are making you not feel the pain, but everytime you use the soulder in the slightest way, you are making the bones rotate against one another. STOP using that arm. The sling is your friend. After a couple of weeks or so, do range of motion exercises to keep the joint limber.

Greg, I'm so sorry to hear about your mis-hap. It ain't no fun! Broken ribs would keep you from laying down to sleep (BTDT)...4 weeeks in an easy chair and never comfortable. Follow the Doctor's orders. Go through the physical therapy. Enjoy your visits with the physical terrorist. Take notes and don't do this again.

Curious. Torn t-shirt in the middle front? If so, same one. If I remember, her friend was kinda cute too with a bunch of hairspray and frosted tips.
Enough about Skoots evening wear, what was the wimmins wearing???

Latest posts