SkooterG munches Playa dust!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... Wait a minute... young hippie's chicks showing love for WPF shirt's?! Where was I when this was happening?! Oh you guys are soo fired as wingmen.... were they cute?
In your haste to get over to the playa saturday night, you also missed the hotty who I gave a ride on the back of my bike, and it was here first time. I popped her riding cherry good and proper! :D
And I'm sure Art had to miss that one. He's gonna be seriously pissed.

Curious. Torn t-shirt in the middle front? If so, same one. If I remember, her friend was kinda cute too with a bunch of hairspray and frosted tips.

Or was she wearing some sort of kinda-leopard-print wrap? If so, another one at the bar when I first came in and bought a pack of cigarettes. That one scared and excited me at the same time.
Damn, at least I know what your eyes were doing at the bar. :D

I'll wait until a certain well known admin type person shows up to reveal the passenger.

Curious. Torn t-shirt in the middle front? If so, same one. If I remember, her friend was kinda cute too with a bunch of hairspray and frosted tips.
Enough about Skoots evening wear, what was the wimmins wearing???
:lol: :lol: You mean Skoots roomie? I'm not even going there. :no2:

Awww...too bad Skooter...crashing is never fun...

but picking on peeps that crash is! <G>

anyway Skoots.... follow the doc's orders, dont' get overambitious, and heal up well...

not like a couple idiots I know that duct taped broken ankles and feet and the dang things never healed up

right...

Take care and slow down... you'll heal faster...

Mary

... Wait a minute... young hippie's chicks showing love for WPF shirt's?! Where was I when this was happening?! Oh you guys are soo fired as wingmen.... were they cute?
In your haste to get over to the playa saturday night, you also missed the hotty who I gave a ride on the back of my bike, and it was here first time. I popped her riding cherry good and proper! :D

Was that the hotel maid that Bruno gave the key to -to let you into your room?

If so, your right, she was :unsure: :eek: :unsure:

:rolleyes:

Was that the hotel maid that Bruno gave the key to -to let you into your room?

If so, your right, she was :unsure: :eek: :unsure:

Oh, she was all of that alright, and more. :dribble:

Moved over to conveniently sit nearer them because Paul coincidentally sat down over there. This is my lame half-assed method for moving in.
Asked her a few questions about how BM went and she seemed more intent on telling me like I had never been to event before (which I have) so I think I was coming off as a 38 year old horny letch more than a guy genuinely interested in making her acquaintance.......or one that she wanted to demonstrate any flimsy moral standards with.
Ignacio ~ Welcome to my world. For some strange reason, young Hippie BM women just aren't interested in me any more, even when I do coincidentally sit next to them. Of course, the "Nuke and Pave" t-shirt might have something to do with that...

Paul Peloquin

Monmouth/Lakeview OR

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignacio ~ Welcome to my world. For some strange reason, young Hippie BM women just aren't interested in me any more, even when I do coincidentally sit next to them. Of course, the "Nuke and Pave" t-shirt might have something to do with that...
Paul Peloquin

Monmouth/Lakeview OR
Or, maybe it was my, "I work for a government contractor that makes missiles that blow people up.....and get paid well to do it."

Damn! Scooter's got style...even when he's crashing!

Glad to hear your relatively unscathed.

And remember.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever"

Here's to a speedy recovery.

I just talked to him on the phone and he says he got some good drugs.

I'll have to concur with my colleauge, Vecter, that the boy never sits still. On the cell he was shouldering the cell phone (presumably the good one), at the dentist, and opening a door for somebody. Not what I'd be doing if I broke my shoulder, but whatever works for him.

He did say that the x-ray didn't show any broken ribs...they're just sore. Something about a bruise on a hip as well.

Still bummed and said the previous night was pretty rough, and knows it's going to be a rough few weeks, but seemed upbeat.

He was also amazed at how everybody at the scene helped, how the FJR riders helped, and how everybody on this board has wished him a speedy recovery. :clapping: He's actually surfed this thread, but hasn't figured out the typing thing for an adequate response yet.

I said no problem. ....but that we were actually a bit selfish in that we got his bike to Reno and he'd have to deal with the rest. We weren't going to ride it home for him.

He joked, "Yeah, wha'ts up with that? I was thinking it was going to be delivered to my house by now."

I relented and said we'd also have it fixed, washed, and waxed if he held his breath long enough.

I was just thinking what would happen if Skooter decided to just ditch this FJR and just keep the 'new' 2004 he has. I can see the ad now...

"Now is your oppertunity to buy a one of a kind 2004 FJR1300! This is a 2004 Yamaha FJR1300 which has been well cared for. One owner, adult ridden, never wheelied, 4 year YES warantee, been very dependable. Slight cosmetic damage when dropped in sand. Personal injury means cant ride, so selling bike..... Must be picked up in Fernly NV. Pictures not available."

I was just thinking what would happen if Skooter decided to just ditch this FJR and just keep the 'new' 2004 he has. I can see the ad now...
"Now is your oppertunity to buy a one of a kind 2004 FJR1300! This is a 2004 Yamaha FJR1300 which has been well cared for. One owner, adult ridden, never wheelied, 4 year YES warantee, been very dependable. Slight cosmetic damage when dropped in sand. Personal injury means cant ride, so selling bike..... Must be picked up in Fernly NV. Pictures not available."
Great add. I'm wondering at the following addition?

"Low miles. Never ridden much more than 2000 miles at a time."

You forgot "Almost never high-sided..."

AND "Almost never knocked over by Vector"

Smile Skooter...Get well soon!

You forgot "Almost never high-sided..."

AND "Almost never knocked over by Vector"

Smile Skooter...Get well soon!
Well yes, but my way doesnt have him lying..... just avioding the truth... gotta rember I work for the gubment, I know how to avoid the truth. :assassin:

Must be the Vicodin :) That stuff's pretty good if you ask me.
Amen to that...having undergone 4 major gut rebuilds in the last 4 years, here's a tip my doc gave me.

Vicodin, while by itself a very effective pain remedy, IS addictive. And recovering for months on end with Vicodin as the prescribed pain killer can have BAD effects if the pain is persistent. However, when taken in concert with Aleve, the over the counter NSAID pain reliever, the remedial effects of the Vicodin are improved 200 to 400% without increasing the addictive properties.

Basically, every time you take your Vicodin, take 200mg of Aleve with it. The effect is like tripling the pain relief from the Vicodin alone. There's a chemical synergy between the two drugs that increases the effectiveness of the hydrocodone in the Vicodin.

The only caveat is stomach pain. If you get stomach pains, like indigestion or heartburn, just stop the Aleve portion of the treatment.

Trust me...this REALLY helps fight back pain, with little or no deleterious effects.

Good healing and get yer sorry ass back on the forum.

What the heck? There weren't any curves for miles, how in the world did you manage to get off the bike?

Dude, heal up quickly, you are missing out on some good riding. Get well!

If Skooter had busted his wing earlier he could have TOTALLY played the sympathy, nurturing thing with those hippies.
Are you sure they weren't Pros? SkooterG has much better luck with them as I recall. :p Bummer about the get off Skooter, no more playing Superman for a while, kay? Besides, how much crashing do you think that Tanji cell will take? ;)

Heal fast, and don't completely ignore the doctors.

EricV

Latest posts