Sky High this morning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! FUNtastic....congrats on now havinn a GR8 bike and obviously an outstanding wife! My wife would never, ever do anything like that....must be nice. Well, enjoy that new FJR, you will find she is noticeably improved over the earlier ones. Ride safe....DFO :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Glenn, I'm very happy for you!

I also have to say you have more understanding and patience than I. If my wife (hah!) said no motorcycles, I'd have to get rid of her and find a girlfriend.

Oh, wait, that's EXACTLY what happened! :rolleyes:

Congrats again! :yahoo:

Mike thanks for the kind words, and I have promised to slow down a bit.

dcarver, though I really missed the bike there was never any question which one I loved more. I've been with her for 30 years and suppose i'll be with her for 30 more, that will put us at 80. But, i'll still be riding.

My last wreck really scared her, and we have 4 children at home that she didn't want to raise without a husband so I aquiesced (sp) and stayed off the bikes.

But NOW se what she did.

I'd love to post pics but I am completely clueless. I may see if one of my kids can figure it out and post a pic of Marla and the bike. Do you want her in a swim suit? :yahoo:

My last wreck really scared her, and we have 4 children at home that she didn't want to raise without a husband so I acquiesced (sp) and stayed off the bikes.
But NOW see what she did.
Maybe she found a nice, sedate, insurance agent on the side?

:clapping: on the new bike!

Congrats on the new ride,you're more then a lucky man,you're also very blessed.

Did anyone have a video camera to keep that moment for posterity?

I'd love to post pics but I am completely clueless. I may see if one of my kids can figure it out and post a pic of Marla and the bike. Do you want her in a swim suit? :yahoo:
Congrats...I'll go with the swimsuit. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you, guy. It takes a lot of discipline,understanding, and sacrifice to give up riding...as you did... and that makes it all the more sweeter when the pendulum swings in the other direction. I hope you really enjoy your new bike.....I'm sure you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just the bike that put that grin on your face.. It's the woman you met 30yr's ago... all over again!! Way to go Marla!

Glenn, do her proud stay safe and both of you have FUN, ENJOY!

Now thats the best story i read all year . give her a kiss for me . when you wake up in the am you will have even a bigger grin when you go into the garage . good luck .

Don't you think the FJR is going to look a little silly in a swimsuit?

James my wife grew up not far from you it appears. She lived in Lafayette till she came to OK to go to college.

I will give my first ride report in another thread.

I think the FJR will look great in Rosie O'donell's swim suit. Better than Rosie anyway.

Well I'm deep into research for all new Gear. Decisions Decisions.

Glenn

That first ride felt like I'd never been away.