Skyway motorcycle accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zephyrsix

Reaction score
What happened to Skyway motorcycle accessories.com? Have frame sliders on order… should be concerned?

Zephyrsix

If you paid by credit card, and if the transaction has already posted, you may have to wait for a period of time (I believe that it is 30 days). If you have not received delivery by then (100% probability), then call your credit card company and tell them. They will credit your account after attempting to contact the supplier. I ran into a similar situation with another online retailer....

I don't have a dog in the Skyway issues of the past. I was not part of the infamous fuel cell debacle. But I did buy sliders two years ago when he was supposedly operating okay and it took six months to get the parts. I also got part of an order for the hydration system and did not receive the fabric cover for the water jug until many months later.

I think you could probably could probably buy better sliders anyway elsewhere. My understanding from some of the smart folks on this forum was the Skyway product did not have a metal sleeve on the inside of the slider, it was all delrin and that was a flaw. I don't want to get in trouble with the admin folks by pimping other outfits, but searching sliders on this forum you could find out some good recommendations.

I was never treated well by Skyway on product delivery and decided in 2007 to not buy from him. Like the other's recommendations I would try to cancel through your credit card. If you can't don't get your hopes up.

I don't have a dog in the Skyway issues of the past. I was not part of the infamous fuel cell debacle. But I did buy sliders two years ago when he was supposedly operating okay and it took six months to get the parts. I also got part of an order for the hydration system and did not receive the fabric cover for the water jug until many months later.
I think you could probably could probably buy better sliders anyway elsewhere. My understanding from some of the smart folks on this forum was the Skyway product did not have a metal sleeve on the inside of the slider, it was all delrin and that was a flaw. I don't want to get in trouble with the admin folks by pimping other outfits, but searching sliders on this forum you could find out some good recommendations.

I was never treated well by Skyway on product delivery and decided in 2007 to not buy from him. Like the other's recommendations I would try to cancel through your credit card. If you can't don't get your hopes up.
I will get a hold of my credit card company and get money back! And will start looking around for different frame sliders.

Thanks

These are what I have on my FJR. Haven't got to use them yet and hope I never do. Look great thow.
Clicky

Dave
Very nice... Think I should get the bar ends also?
I haven't had a need for them. Once I get over 90 mph she smooths right out nicely. ;)

Dave
I will stick with the frame sliders as cheap insurance and start working on getting my money back from my card issuer.

Thanks for all the info

When I ordered my frame sliders from Skyway last year, they arrived within a week. I guess I got lucky. Go figure...

When I ordered my frame sliders from Skyway last year, they arrived within a week. I guess I got lucky. Go figure...
Skyway’s web site is gone! And think my money as well… going to wait a few more days and start on the process of a refund (hopefully) thru my card company

Looks like he's finally gone. I guess I consider myself very lucky because 1: I got my audiovox CC about 10 months ago for $95.00; and 2: I ordered Skyway's mount, which showed up right on time and is a really nice unit.

I guess it's good that he's now (apparently) out of business, because people still wanted to order his stuff as it really is good quality, but it's pretty clear that he's either a terrible businessman or a thief... Here's the mount:

image003-4.jpg

Looks like he's finally gone. I guess I consider myself very lucky because 1: I got my audiovox CC about 10 months ago for $95.00; and 2: I ordered Skyway's mount, which showed up right on time and is a really nice unit.
I guess it's good that he's now (apparently) out of business, because people still wanted to order his stuff as it really is good quality, but it's pretty clear that he's either a terrible businessman or a thief... Here's the mount:

image003-4.jpg
Nice…

Thief or bad businessman not very good choices… would be happy if the product I paid for shows up!

Skyway’s web site is gone!

Looks like he's finally gone. .........
I guess it's good that he's now (apparently) out of business ...........
The only thing that I see has happened is that his domain registration he used for his moto-bike accessories has expired -as ofa few days ago.

From what I can tell, he registered for the domain for 3years, and it expired a few days ago an he didn't renew. Whether that was on purpose, or just an overesight or behind on paying bills -all open to speculation. His commercial business website is still up -and that domain for that happens to be paid for for a year or so to come.

My point being, he could have turned the site off anytime if he wanted, but this happened because the registration of his domain expired.

An expired domain is pretty common and happens to a lot of people, bills that only come due every 3 or 5 years easily get over-looked and this happens to a lot of folks. He'll have a window to pick up his delinquent account and get it turned back on ...

If he doesn't, it'll eventually become avaialble for anyone to use.

So, if he doesn't pick it up, anyone want to get the domain and use it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming the best of everyone, my personal guess would be that his business took off faster than he could keep up. He got in over his head, and instead of halting orders for a highly complex system he kept accepting prepayments that he used to fund raw materials for smaller, higher volume production items with quicker turn around (and other "business expansion costs" like web sites). Eventually, when forced to face delivery requirements on the more complex products he was upside down and never recovered.

Where he soured was failing to be up front with his customers about what was really happening; making arrangements to either deliver (on a delayed schedule) or refund via some sort of payment plan. It's a hard thing for anyone to face and sometimes the pressure on a person is enough to cause them to avoid resolution all together.

it doesn't help those who don't have their money or a product, but it does provide a (conjectured) closer look at the psychology of such things.

Last edited by a moderator: