Skyway motorcycle accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gmyooper (Apr 8 2010, 04:44 PM) 95 dollars for sliders? Wow. I payed 25 total on ebay for mine. Whats the difference in these?

The $95 sliders work.
Yep. They work extremely well. I guess I was one of the lucky Skyway customers. I bought a set in early '07 and dropped the bike a month later in the garage. Zero damage. Last week I decided to ride up to the Cherohala Skyway see the 2 feet of snow. It was really pretty but I dropped the FJR at 30 MPH on the right side. Put a real nice scratch in the saddle bag but the rest of the bike is entirely fine! Skyway's 6061 billet aluminum slider bent back about and inch or so. That slider is destroyed but it did a hell of a job protecting the FJR. That is certainly a testament to a quality product.

Now I have a dilemma. What do I replace the damaged one with that is as durable? That damn thing really took a bruising and did a fantastic job at protecting the bike. Would a black Delrin slider do just as good at 30 MPH? Looks like to me it would just snap off? Would love to hear any insight. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

gmyooper (Apr 8 2010, 04:44 PM) 95 dollars for sliders? Wow. I payed 25 total on ebay for mine. Whats the difference in these?

The $95 sliders work.
Yep. They work extremely well. I guess I was one of the lucky Skyway customers. I bought a set in early '07 and dropped the bike a month later in the garage. Zero damage. Last week I decided to ride up to the Cherohala Skyway see the 2 feet of snow. It was really pretty but I dropped the FJR at 30 MPH on the right side. Put a real nice scratch in the saddle bag but the rest of the bike is entirely fine! Skyway's 6061 billet aluminum slider bent back about and inch or so. That slider is destroyed but it did a hell of a job protecting the FJR. That is certainly a testament to a quality product.

Now I have a dilemma. What do I replace the damaged one with that is as durable? That damn thing really took a bruising and did a fantastic job at protecting the bike. Would a black Delrin slider do just as good at 30 MPH? Looks like to me it would just snap off? Would love to hear any insight. THANKS!!!!!!!!!
You might want to check the frame for damage. :( I will stick with the Delrin. Fortunately I haven't had to use mine yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slider's not supposed to bend, it's supposed to slide. That's what lots of folks have said about the blingy aluminum ones: they catch on stuff as the bike slides down the pavement and the bolt bends.

The delrin sliders wear down, the material scuffs off.

DSC_0010.jpg

Mine wore down quite a bit and the slider/bolt bent back about 1/2" or so. RHS saddle bag got scuffed up pretty good too.

Slider Damage:

ibO1vu.jpg

Bag Damage:

ieaHeO.jpg