• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's 03-05 FJR Windshield Spacers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyway

Reaction score
This simple to install farkle will reduce the infamous buffeting that many riders complain about on their 03-05 FJR. By installing my supplied hardware, your windshield will be tilted back slightly, to allow more air to travel underneath the shield. This farkle will work with any windshield, factory or aftermarket. I did bring some to WFO this year, and to my knowledge, everyone who installed them reported back to me that they noticed an improvement. As always YMMV

An added advantage for my setup with the V-Stream barn door windshield, is that the top edge of the shield is now noticeably lower when in the lowest position.

Tested at elevated speeds for long periods with no ill-effects to handling or rider, I Hope? :D :unsure:

NOTE: You are SOL if you have either the FJR Goodies or the N/Line dash shelf installed on your bike!! My spacer kit is not compatible with either farkles. :(

All hardware is stainless steel to help prevent corrosion.

Price delivered - $24, making this possibly the cheapest bang for the buck farkle, next to a tank of gas to improve rider comfort.

Payment via snail mail or Paypal

Mail a check made payable to Ian Laing in the amount off $24 to:

Ian Laing

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Paypal $24 to [email protected]

Thanks for looking! :clapping:

Here is a comparison of side by side, stock and with my spacers installed. The windshield is the VStream.

Stock - low position

IMG_1887.jpg

Spacer - low position

IMG_1885.jpg

Stock - Hi position

IMG_1888.jpg

Spacer - Hi Position

IMG_1886.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After:

DSC01386.jpg

I'm in the satisfied customer category :D

Better performance with both my screens, CB+4+2 and V-Stream

This simple to install farkle will reduce the infamous buffeting that many riders complain about on their 03-05 FJR. By installing my supplied hardware, your windshield will be tilted back slightly, to allow more air to travel underneath the shield. This farkle will work with any windshield, factory or aftermarket. I did bring some to WFO this year, and to my knowledge, everyone who installed them reported back to me that they noticed an improvement. As always YMMV
An added advantage for my setup with the V-Stream barn door windshield, is that the top edge of the shield is now noticeably lower when in the lowest position.

Tested at elevated speeds for long periods with no ill-effects to handling or rider, I Hope? :D :unsure:

NOTE: You are SOL if you have either the FJR Goodies or the N/Line dash shelf installed on your bike!! My spacer kit is not compatible with either farkles. :(

All hardware is stainless steel to help prevent corrosion.

Price delivered - $24, making this possibly the cheapest bang for the buck farkle, next to a tank of gas to improve rider comfort.

Payment via snail mail or Paypal

Mail a check made payable to Ian Laing in the amount off $24 to:

Ian Laing

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Paypal $24 to [email protected]

Thanks for looking! :clapping:

Pictures of before and after to follow.
Is it the same price delivered to Montreal, postal code H1H 1T6

I want a set. ;)

Just a quick "THANK YOU" to Skyway for another great farkle. For me, at 5'09", this did the trick. Previously, at a full up position, I got buffeting and the top of the +2 windshield was right at eye level. The spacers eliminated both issues and even looks more sporty in the down position. A win-win for me.

Got to add my Kudos on this one... I ordered a set when I got my Hydration system, and just got around to mounting them last night when I took off my winter windshield (Cal Sci) and put on my stocker, which I use when the weather gets warmer down here in Houston. Amazing how much less buffeting I get with these in place...

For the record, I'm a bit over 5'9", and have a custom seat which may raise me up just a tad over stock.

Well worth the small outlay for anyone considering them... and Ian's stuff as always works as advertised.

I have the rifle tuning block on my 03 since it was out with a CB +4 high and +3 wide. Will these spacers do any more or less tilting? I have just ordered a V-Stream from University Motors for $126 + $10 in shipping. While its being put on maybe change to the spacers?? Ian? Mike in Fremont, Ca.

I have the rifle tuning block on my 03 since it was out with a CB +4 high and +3 wide. Will these spacers do any more or less tilting? I have just ordered a V-Stream from University Motors for $126 + $10 in shipping. While its being put on maybe change to the spacers?? Ian? Mike in Fremont, Ca.
I have the same exact question. Is my rifle tuning block doing the same thing? Would the spacers angle it more or less than the rifle tuning block??? I might just try them and compare if no one has a good answer.

By the way

"Tuning Block reduces the windshield angle by 7 degrees"

per Rifle website.

Skyway made these to mimic the Rifle Tuning Block, so your tuning block is doing the same thing. In fact, the tuning block tilts a little bit more. Since I came across a used Rifle shield with tuning block, I removed my Skyway spacers and replaced them with the tuning block on FJR#2. Of course, I have a Rifle shield with tuning block on FJR#1. I am a big believer of the advantages of the Rifle tuning block tilting the screen back.

Skyway made these to mimic the Rifle Tuning Block, so your tuning block is doing the same thing. In fact, the tuning block tilts a little bit more. Since I came across a used Rifle shield with tuning block, I removed my Skyway spacers and replaced them with the tuning block on FJR#2. Of course, I have a Rifle shield with tuning block on FJR#1. I am a big believer of the advantages of the Rifle tuning block tilting the screen back.
+1 If you already have the Rifle setup, then there's no advantage in swapping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.