• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's 03-05 FJR Windshield Spacers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyway made these to mimic the Rifle Tuning Block, so your tuning block is doing the same thing. In fact, the tuning block tilts a little bit more. Since I came across a used Rifle shield with tuning block, I removed my Skyway spacers and replaced them with the tuning block on FJR#2. Of course, I have a Rifle shield with tuning block on FJR#1. I am a big believer of the advantages of the Rifle tuning block tilting the screen back.

Does this mean you have a set of spacers just laying around? Perhaps you can bring them with you next week when you come by to help me move.... B)

Skyway made these to mimic the Rifle Tuning Block, so your tuning block is doing the same thing. In fact, the tuning block tilts a little bit more. Since I came across a used Rifle shield with tuning block, I removed my Skyway spacers and replaced them with the tuning block on FJR#2. Of course, I have a Rifle shield with tuning block on FJR#1. I am a big believer of the advantages of the Rifle tuning block tilting the screen back.

Does this mean you have a set of spacers just laying around? Perhaps you can bring them with you next week when you come by to help me move.... B)
Yes. Maybe if you sweet talk me. Help you move? Did you type that with a straight face?

And I suppose you want me to bring the stock shield with the laminar lip too?

Skyway (or anyone):

Does anyone run these with the '03, V-Stream combo?

I noticed that skyway's photos in the first post are with the V-Stream, but I think I read that the '03 has a slightly different windshield angle. And someone posted recently that with the '03, Rifle tuning block, V-stream combo, the windshield was bumping the mirror mounts on retraction.

Skyway (or anyone):Does anyone run these with the '03, V-Stream combo?

I noticed that skyway's photos in the first post are with the V-Stream, but I think I read that the '03 has a slightly different windshield angle. And someone posted recently that with the '03, Rifle tuning block, V-stream combo, the windshield was bumping the mirror mounts on retraction.
The rifle tuning block puts the shield at a different angle than my spacers. I thought the only difference between the 03 and 04-05 was the actual size of the windshield supplied from the factory.

You are welcome to try them out and if they don't work for you, return them to me and I'll give you a refund. ;)

The rifle tuning block puts the shield at a different angle than my spacers. I thought the only difference between the 03 and 04-05 was the actual size of the windshield supplied from the factory.
You are welcome to try them out and if they don't work for you, return them to me and I'll give you a refund. ;)

Hmm... You're probably right about size. I was working from memory, and that's always a scary thing.

Deal done! Paypal sent! :yahoo: Once I get around to installing them, I'll let you know how that combo worked.

Skyway (or anyone):Does anyone run these with the '03, V-Stream combo?

Okay, I'm now ready to answer my own queston.

Bottom line: This is a good investment.

The V-Stream does not bump the mirror mounts.

I like the way it looks with the greater rake. I like where the shield is positioned in vision. I seem to have better airflow over my Nolan, and testing the wind flow with my hand seems to confirm that. I have a greater range of adjustability with the shield -- in stock configuration at highway speeds, I had to have the shield up all the way to avoid too much wind noise. Now, I can vary that a few inches at the top. I can't quite figure out the physics of that -- it doesn't seem to make sense to me -- but it's noticeable. I broke my normal riding rules to play a bit in the dirty air of trucks, and buffeting is reduced.

I've only done a 100 mile test ride, and I don't put a whole lot of stock in performance reports from others based on mileage that low, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt. But though the improvements weren't huge, they were all readily apparent, and that's a lot for 24 bucks.

You can rack me up as one more happy skyway customer. :clapping: Thanks, Ian.

I'm looking forward to testing this in the wet.

The 03 has longer windshield arms than the 04 and up. They shortened the arms in 04. So the spacers and tuning block will work differently on 04's and above than on the '03's.

The 03 has longer windshield arms than the 04 and up. They shortened the arms in 04. So the spacers and tuning block will work differently on 04's and above than on the '03's.
Ah, that's what the difference is. I knew something had changed in that setup, I just couldn't remember what. Anyway, knowing that something had changed was why I posted a slightly extended review.

Most of the praise on here comes from owners of later model years.

Ian,

I'm in! I wired the money to your off-shore paypal account. Looking forward to getting them

Dave

Ian

Just PayPal'ed $48 for two tuning blocks (US delivery address appears in the message).

Thanks

Stef

Ian, I too have just PayPal(ed) you for one of your tuning blocks. Shipping address was with the PayPal info.

Thanks, John

Me too Ian! I am paypaling you $24 for a set of those spacers. Shipping address is in the paypal onfo...let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Doug

Another bandwagon to jump on. :dribble: Money sent. Thanks Mr. Skyway ;)

Jim

Lemme see, now all I need is a new seat (Oh Rich.....), some aux lights, fab some cruise pegs and voila, done. :rolleyes:

Ian,

The spacers worked GREAT! I guess I didn't realize how much turbulence I was putting up with. Guess you can get accustomed to most anything given enough time. Seems to have reduced the DB level (makes sense) as well. As always, thanks for the great farkle at a fair price. :clapping:

Ian,The spacers worked GREAT! I guess I didn't realize how much turbulence I was putting up with. Guess you can get accustomed to most anything given enough time. Seems to have reduced the DB level (makes sense) as well. As always, thanks for the great farkle at a fair price. :clapping:
Glad they worked out for you. It's surprising what a few small parts can do.

Ian,

I got the spacers installed today. Piece 'ol cake. Much better airflow w/o the push in the back! :yahoo:

Thanks again, John

Thanks Skyway. I finally installed your spacers while I was summerizing my bike last weekend.

Quality product and very easy to install.

I had also PM'd you to see if you knew if it might interfere with the N-Line dash in the full down position. You graciously said "try them and if they do, just return them". I'm very pleased to advise that they definitely do not - on my 04 at least! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.