• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian,

Any eta on the frame sliders? Also, have you considered adding a highway footrest attachment to the end? :D

thx!

Skyway - did you get the tiedowns? Sent about a week or so ago. No hurries, just want to be sure you got them.

Lots of sliders been shipped this week folks. Please keep an eye out for the mail man. ;)

Lots of sliders been shipped this week folks. Please keep an eye out for the mail man. ;)
Amen. I have to get these things on my bike. I'm flirting with certain death because if she goes down before those beauties get here, I will beat myself beyond recognition with my own leg for not ordering them prior to bike arrival.

SkyWay

Lots of sliders been shipped this week folks. Please keep an eye out for the mail man.
Hah! That's what my girlfriend said too! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You got an email saying they were coming? Great, now I don't know whether mine are on the way or not! I dint git no stinkin' email...
You ever thought it possible that I never sent you an email? :p

Last name and zip code please.

No e-mail confirming my order, but I think Ian is too busy working on the orders!!

Yesterday I did get the e-mail indicating that mine were mailed. Look forward to receiving them this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got an email saying they were coming? Great, now I don't know whether mine are on the way or not! I dint git no stinkin' email...

Hah, please check your nuke or spam email folder, I actually did send you an email.

Either way, you will be getting them early next week. ;)

Skyway,

With all the business that you are doing with the sliders and god knows what else, I don't know when you have time to send and email. I'll have to come up with an easy way to have emails sent to everyone when you ship your sliders. It might take me a little time to set it up, but I'll see what I can do. 24 years in the computer business has taught me a thing or too.

g

Hah, please check your nuke or spam email folder, I actually did send you an email.

Either way, you will be getting them early next week. ;)

Here's a couple of piccy's of my sliders mounted on Turbodaves new 2006 AE.

STA70303.jpg

STA70302.jpg

No e-mail confirming my order, but I think Ian is too busy working on the orders!!
You got that right! :D

Actually around half of the recent orders went out with no email notification.

Got my sliders, thanks Ian!

Any chance I could mount them (no snickers) and just snug them up or should I wait a day and borrow a torque wrench? Advice?

And they look great on that silver AE!

Got my sliders, thanks Ian!Any chance I could mount them (no snickers) and just snug them up or should I wait a day and borrow a torque wrench? Advice?

If you feel comfortable guessing the correct torque value as noted in your instructions, I'd say you'll be ok for a couple of days. If your not planning on riding your bike I would wait, but if I was riding before the torque wrench appeared, they'd be going on.

Got my sliders, thanks Ian!

Any chance I could mount them (no snickers) and just snug them up or should I wait a day and borrow a torque wrench? Advice?

If you feel comfortable guessing the correct torque value as noted in your instructions, I'd say you'll be ok for a couple of days. If your not planning on riding your bike I would wait, but if I was riding before the torque wrench appeared, they'd be going on.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm ridin'....... thanks Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.