• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyway,

I'm still waiting on my AE model, but after seeing what K-2 posted, I want to prevent the ineveitable drop. Sent you a check today.

Thx,

Copyman

Check is in the mail Skyway for a set of sliders for my '06. Never got a response to the bolt question I posted a few days ago, but if I land hard enough to break the bolt or crack the block, sliders won't help anyway.....and besides, they look too good to pass up over the plastic sliders.... Any idea on turn around times at this point Skyway? Thanks again.

Check is in the mail Skyway for a set of sliders for my '06. Never got a response to the bolt question I posted a few days ago, but if I land hard enough to break the bolt or crack the block, sliders won't help anyway.....and besides, they look too good to pass up over the plastic sliders.... Any idea on turn around times at this point Skyway? Thanks again.
They are almost ready to go. Again I am stunned by the rate at which you guys are scarfing these up. Midway through my current production run, I decided to double up to be on the safe side of filling all orders as they were coming in thick and fast. And I'm glad I did, they are almost all spoken for again. :dribble:

Fear not all waiters, I will begin shipping pretty quick. ;)

I have been getting some requests for color anodize for the 06 Slider. I got some color samples from my vendor to show you guys if your interested?

In the photos below, after looking closely at the samples, I believe color 4A is pretty darn close to the 2006 blue paint work.

For now I'll just throw this out there to see what the response is like. If you guys want them, maybe I'll have 10 sets done to see how they turn out? There will be an additional $15.00 charge per set if you decide to go this route.

P5010059.jpg

P5010062.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyway, just saw this post after reading the other thread and pestering you with an ETA question. Disregard my question now - trying to keep up with your tireless work updates on two threads is too confusing for a slow learner like myself.

I like that 4A blue - may have to supplement my silver set depending on what color bling the bike feels like wearing... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the anodized blue is sharp! I need the sliders sooner rather than later Skyway, so I'll go for the polished aluminum. But if the blue was ready to go I would have ordered it...... As for the color match, always a difficult thing to decide without the items in hand. I'd trust your eye, but 4A looks very good. Thanks for all your hard work. :clapping:

I'm currious where the impact energy is absorbed when the bobbin and spacer are as hard or harder than the frame. Anyone seriously tested these yet and seen where the energy goes?

Skyway, any idea on shipment of the replacement bolt. I can't mount these babies because the bolt os too big...help :clapping:

ian,

just sent you an order via paypal.

4a looks great, but i think the machined looks even better. can't wait to see em!

thanks for all your handywork & effort.

g

I didn't see an answer for the earlier question about availability for '05s.

Is this great product available for the '05?

kb

Skyway, I'm not sure if I told you in my paypal message, the sliders are for an 06.

thanks again.

g :blink: ;)

Now taking orders. A fellow FJR owner took time out of his day to allow me to do a mock up of the sliders on his '06 FJR. They will fit both the 'A' and 'AE' model.

Both sliders are a little different in terms of how they need to bolt up to the bike, but will appear the same when mounted. Installation instructions are provided with each kit. No fairing removal necessary for installation.

They will also protect the upper fairing when its adjusted outward.

Material 6061 Billet Aluminum, supplied with necessary mounting hardware.

Price delivered to the lower 48 $85.00 ($88.00 via PayPal to [email protected])

If you prefer, snail mail a check payable to Ian Laing and mail it to:

Skyway

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Pictures courtesy of Kaitsdad's 2006 'A' FJR.

Skyway: Do you have any left ?? If I mail you a check will you send me a set ?? :unsure:

I didn't see an answer for the earlier question about availability for '05s.Is this great product available for the '05?

kb
I am only supplying the sliders for the 03-05 FJR. You will first need to purchase the GSG Moko kit, only then will my sliders fit your bike.

Hi Folks, just want to let you know that I have started shipping out the latest batch of sliders. I am answering here instead of sending out individual emails.

Skyway,

How much should I send for a set of the sliders for an '06, shipping to Anchorage, Alaska.

Hello Ian,

I sent payment via PayPal a few days ago. What are the chances that I am on the list of for shipment with the latest batch of sliders?

All,

I was contacted via email by Skyway, it seems he's having PC problems and has not been able to log onto the forum. He asked that I post this on this thread:

" If you get a chance to log on, please post a message on the forum in the 06 slider thread for me. I want to let everyone know that the last of the shipments will hopefully be done by Monday. The slider orders are bigger than I ever expected them to be and since I have to maintain my shop, during the evenings and weekends are when I can get to them."

Be patient, y'all- he's getting these done and out to you !! And they're worth the wait. Kinda like the bike, eh?

All,
I was contacted via email by Skyway, it seems he's having PC problems and has not been able to log onto the forum. He asked that I post this on this thread:

" If you get a chance to log on, please post a message on the forum in the 06 slider thread for me. I want to let everyone know that the last of the shipments will hopefully be done by Monday. The slider orders are bigger than I ever expected them to be and since I have to maintain my shop, during the evenings and weekends are when I can get to them."

Be patient, y'all- he's getting these done and out to you !! And they're worth the wait. Kinda like the bike, eh?

Thanks egghead :yahoo:

I'm a computer geek by trade. Maybe I should ride up to see ol' SkyWay and fix that damn PC?

I'm a computer geek by trade. Maybe I should ride up to see ol' SkyWay and fix that damn PC?
Nothing wrong with my puter's Don, I think the forum has been squirley lately. I'm not sure that the forum has been down constantly, just at the same time that I try to log on. The few times I tried today it seems fine though.

You are more than welcome to ride up here though. We can go play on some top notch local asphalt. :dribble:

Status
Not open for further replies.