• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mine installed. They are FLAWLESS. I feel I got a really good deal. The quality is second to none. Thanks Dude!!

Hey Ian,

Got the sliders and the CC bracket in from Gary last week. Thanks for getting them out quickly.

Gary, thanks for getting the bracket powdercoated and out quickly. Both products, the sliders (in blue) and the bracket are quality work! Glad I invested in them.

Thanks for turning these products out for the FJR owners.

Sliders are great looking! Had them on in 5 min after spending 30 min finding a 10mm hex wrench. Thanks Skyway!

Folks, I am currently out of stock on this item, so hold off on any orders for the time being.

Dean Betts, I have your order covered, so don't worry. ;)

Folks, I am currently out of stock on this item, so hold off on any orders for the time being.
Dean Betts, I have your order covered, so don't worry. ;)
You might have missed my and other guy post earlier considering how busy you are, so I will ask again.

Will these fit an 07? And how strong the bolt is?

Thank you.

OK, mine are now installed (about 4 days too late!)
So who's tested these?

What still hits and what doesn't? I was suprised when mine fell on the left side that only a small _tiny_ part of the top fairing took a little ding. The mirror however took *most* of it as did the engine casing. I think the engine casing will still take a hit till it gets to the slider. Will that keep the mirror good too?

Anyone know?

How about the right side.

Thank you to... garauld for telling me to try a Chevy Indigo Blue paint stick... Damn near perfect match :yahoo:
Had the unfortunate pleasure of trying them out. The Bag hit on the right side with some small scratches on the front bottom part along with a small scratch on the mirror and exhaust. Nothing broken. I'll try touchup pen and see if that fixes it.

Hi Skyway,

Please let us know when you're able to resume manufacturing these. I've only had my 06 for about a month and would like to add these before it's too late.

I'll admit, though, being just a bit freaked out about taking out the engine bolts. Yes, I'm a rookie, but please tell me that the engine stays where it is supposed to! Gawd.

Any chance of emailing the instructions first so I could take a look at them and see if this is something I could do, or if I should take it to my local wrench?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Skyway,
Please let us know when you're able to resume manufacturing these. I've only had my 06 for about a month and would like to add these before it's too late.

I'll admit, though, being just a bit freaked out about taking out the engine bolts. Yes, I'm a rookie, but please tell me that the engine stays where it is supposed to! Gawd.

Any chance of emailing the instructions first so I could take a look at them and see if this is something I could do, or if I should take it to my local wrench?

Thanks,

Steve

Kit,

Nobody knows less about wrenching than me. Word!

It took me three times longer than most to install them, and I think it was 20 minutes. Really easy, but you need a torque wrench, and install the left one before the right IIRC. There are threads about this, including some of the early posts on this thread. If any questions I'm sure people will help.

I want a set of an 06 and a left side cc mount please email or post how much and I will snd a check. Scott Maire 06 FJR

Just want to let you guys know that I'm trying to fill orders for these as quickly as possible. I plan to have all current orders shipped by the end of this week. Sorry for the delay.

Skyway

PM me your info, I'll pay pal you the $$

I need to know the shipping costs to Canada.

Cheers

Willie

Thanks Skyway!

Based on the Hydration GB, you must be a bz mofo.

Can't wait to attach those black beauties!!!!!!!!!!

I shipped all current orders yesterday via USPS Priority Mail, so please keep an eye out for the mailman.

Also in case you didn't get my previous message attempts, Vicki R, aka BluBear06, please contact me for a different mailing address.

Status
Not open for further replies.